- Working week: Monday-Friday 40 hours per week
- Weekly wage: £249.00
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 19 Apr 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
Some of the key tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practice and apply safe working practices
- Select appropriate tools, equipment and materials
- Measure the work area and set out level first courses of bricks to plan, including bonds for openings and the damp course
- Mix mortar by hand or with a mechanical mixer
- Lay bricks to set dimensions and apply mortar with a trowel to completion
- Shape and trim bricks/blocks using hammers, chisels and power tools
- Use of laser levels, spirit levels, optical levels and string lines to check that courses are straight, horizontally and vertically, and laid to a gauge
- Remove waste materials
- Repair and renew masonry structures
- Select materials and resources to be able to set out and lay concrete, drainage and other substructure materials.
The employer will be interviewing throughout the recruitment process so the apprenticeship could begin before the closing date.
The ability to:
- Work in a team
- Speak to customers
- Follow instructions
- Turn up on time.
- Self motivation
- An interest in the construction industry
- Willing to work in all weathers.
There are no essential qualifications for the apprenticeship however the successful applicant will be required to undertake an initial assessment in maths and English to ensure that they are at a high enough level to undertake the apprenticeship.
There may be a full time job role at the end of the apprenticeship based on performance during the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
You will be required to attend college, one day per week, term time only. This will either be at the Eastbourne, Hampden Park Campus or the Ore Valley Campus, both of which are part of the East Sussex College Group. Both have train links. College attendance is mandatory. This will begin in September.
You will be based in a site in Brighton.
About the employer
Sackville Construction Ltd
Sackville Construction Ltd are brickwork contractors covering projects across the South East and Greater London. We provide a full professional service to trusted and established names within the construction industry.
Our commitment to every job we undertake is to deliver the highest standards of work to the correct specifications meeting all the programme deadlines.
We provide a labour only service or packages that include labour, materials and plant.
52 Bristol Gardens
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Certificate in Level 2 Bricklaying.
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade D-E or level 3-1) unless exempt.
Apprenticeship standard Bricklayer.