Residential Support Worker
Are you an experienced Residential Worker looking to build your career in residential care? We need determined, resilient people to be long lasting, significant adults in a child’s life.
With our structured pay-scales and clear career progression paths, we can support you with the training and experience to develop into a Senior Residential Support Worker, Deputy Manager or Residential Manager. We know that children benefit from having consistent, long-term adults in their lives, therefore your career progression, happiness and wellbeing is paramount to us.
Compass Homes are built around accepting a child as they are in a non-judgemental way. You will teach them to build self-esteem and accept themselves, helping their journey into adulthood.
What makes us different?
- Compass make houses, homes - We invest heavily in ensuring homes are beautifully decorated, allowing children to express their characters, feel safe and enrich their lives.
- Generous budgets devoted to children – Each of our homes are given substantial investment to allow for all children to really experience a childhood, including holidays abroad, recreational activities and special events.
- Direct therapeutic work with children – We aim to provide all children with therapy, driven by industry leading psychologists and practise. This will include therapeutic training for all staff.
- Bespoke systems – Spend more time working directly with children rather than duplicating reports with our bespoke, time saving incident reporting system.
- Earn up to £20,950 + £40 per sleep-in. We used structured pay grades, so salary is based on your training and experience so that you are always paid fairly.
- Benefits & discounts - Access to hundreds of discounts and benefits through Perkbox, as well as the chance to win up to £150 in vouchers every month from our REACH Awards.
What will I do as a Residential Support Worker?
· Using your experience and skills – further developed with our support and training, you will assist with the care of our children and young people.
· All of our homes adopt therapeutic practise, giving you the opportunity to develop into a specialist care provider. Training also includes reflective practise to consistently improve the way we care for children.
· You will create positive relationships with the children, meeting their needs and safeguarding them at all times.
· You will create timetables, setting boundaries and expectations for the young people. Consistency and organisation skills are key.
· You will meet a variety of children and young people, some of whom may require high levels of supervision and support.
If you want to develop your career and make a real difference to a child or young person's life, apply to be a Residential Support Worker with Compass today.
Please note that you must be 22 years old or above to apply as per children’s homes regulations. You must also have a valid driving licence.
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to references and enhanced DBS check. In order to be successful in your application you will be subject to a rigorous safer recruitment process and must adhere to a strict code of conduct regarding your behaviour at all times