- Working week: Monday - Friday 09:00 - 5:00, 40 hours per week
- Weekly wage: £172.00
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 26 Apr 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
Our enthusiastic and experienced staff team support the children in making choices through their play and encourage them to become independent learners and we work closely with parents to ensure the best possible outcomes for all children.
The ideal candidate will enjoy engaging with young children and duties will include:
• Helping to provide safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities in a safe, caring, friendly, relaxed and constructive atmosphere.
• Assisting the team with specific tasks and activities relating to the children attending the nursery.
• Maintaining a high standard of professional conduct at all times and a child centred approach to the care provided.
• Supporting and adhering to the safeguarding policies and procedures.
• Assisting in preparing materials and equipment at the start of each session and clearing away at the end. All toys, equipment rooms and play areas must be kept safe and hygienic at all times and as clean and tidy as is practicable. This will involve damp dusting, minor cleaning and mopping up of spillage, etc.
• Assisting staff in ensuring that toys and equipment are properly used, withdrawing immediately or rendering harmless any potentially dangerous items and arranging for repair or proper disposal.
• Ensuring staff are kept informed of the physical and emotional security of the children, and that anything about a child that gives cause for concern is reported to the Manager immediately and acted upon accordingly.
• Assisting in comforting sick or injured children, when appropriate.
• Assisting in supervising the children at meal times, and helping with feeding as necessary.
• Assisting other staff in attending to the physical needs of the children and generally fostering their development, independence and self-reliance.
• Adopting a flexible and teamworking approach to work at all times, including providing the necessary cover for other staff in emergency situations, etc. as directed by and within the limits of registration requirements. When necessary staying late with children ensuring that emergency arrangements are made for them to be reunited with their parent/guardian(s).
East Sussex College are the Training Provider for this apprenticeship.
Full training will be given.
Requirements and prospects
You should have:
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Good listening and observational skills
• The ability to work on your own initiative and to communicate well with children and adults.
You should be:
• A good team player
• Enjoy working with and able to engage with children
• Willing to participate in training and learn on the job.
GCSE English & Maths grade C / 4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) desirable.
Potential permanent full-time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Clive Vale Nursery School
This setting opened in January 2016 and is one of a small group of three nursery settings in Hastings. We have a baby unit and are able to take children aged from 9 months through to 4 years plus.
The nursery is open all year apart from two weeks over Christmas and New Year.
108 Priory Road
On the left hand side of the road as you head towards the West Hill. Almost opposite the Pop In Convenience Store
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship framework which will include NVQ/ Diploma, Functional Skills.
East Sussex College will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
Apprenticeship standard Early Years Educator.