Early Years Educator Advanced Apprenticeship
- Working week: Days and shifts to be discussed at interview. 36 hours per week.
- Weekly wage: £234.00
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 26 Apr 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
Duties will include:
- Assisting with curriculum planning, using the EYFS curriculum for guidance
- Helping to set up learning environments to meet the developing needs and interests of Muddy Boots Children, and to help tidy away throughout and at the end of the day
- Working alongside a key person and their key children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met
- Working in partnership with team members, parents/carers and other family members
- To advise the Muddy Boots Manager and/or Team Leaders of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures
- To support mealtimes within the setting
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings, and appraisal meetings
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your professional development. This includes; attending training required by Muddy Boots Home-Based & Environmental Childcare, and training set through your Early Years apprenticeship
- Completing all assignments in the time set and to inform manager/mentor of any potential barriers, well in advance of due date
- To work as part of a team
- To liaise with your mentor and/or manager
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly
- To promote Muddy Boots Home-Based & Environmental Childcare learning Environments to current parents and potential customers
- Working at other Muddy Boots Home-Based & Environmental Childcare learning Environments
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by Muddy Boots Home-Based & Environmental Childcare Manager, in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience of working with young children
- Sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
- Good communication skills
- An understanding of play-based approaches to children’s learning and development
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
- We are looking for fun, energetic, creative, motivated and caring individuals
- A sense of humour is a must as is the ability to work on your own initiative
- You will also need to be enthusiastic, proactive and resourceful
- If you have a passion and commitment to develop and grow your skills to provide 'Outstanding' quality provision for all our children and families then please apply
- Willingness to learn
- Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
- GCSE results (A*-C 9/4 or equivalent) are desirable
- Early Years Education/Childcare qualification or equivalent, and a commitment to obtaining a level 3 qualification.
After successful completion of the apprenticeship a full-time/part-time position could be possible.
Things to consider
Buses are limited in Ninfield, therefore it is important that you check times and location to ensure that you are able to arrive on time and that you can get home.
About the employer
Natalie Anne Osbourne
Muddy Boots is a family focused childcare setting that began as a home-based setting offering childcare for children aged 0-12yrs. Over the past 5 years we have evolved to meet the needs of our families and build on the fantastic opportunities offered to us. Muddy Boots’ learning environments now include our home-based ‘Nurture Base’ for children aged 0-3yrs; the offsite ‘Sunshine Room’ for children aged 2.5yrs - 5yrs; a 7 ½ acre Muddy Boots Forest School site; Muddy Boots Beach School and Out of School club provision.
We are a wonderful, caring, fun team of 8 highly skilled practitioners who have achieved ‘Outstanding’ in all inspections and professional visits and we continue to aspire to be the best we can every day! We are committed to delivering excellence in childcare and would love to share our knowledge and experience with potential team members who are equally committed to providing the best provision and opportunities for our young children and families.
1 The Green
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard.
East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship framework which will include:
- Level 3 Early Years Diploma
- Functional Skills
- East Sussex College will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have eligibility to work in the UK.