Plumbing & Domestic Heating Apprentice
3 days left
- Full Time
- Working week: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, 30 hours per week
- Weekly wage: £129.00
- Expected duration: 48 months
- Possible start date: 06 Sep 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
Day to day responsibilities
- Assisting with installations, inspections, diagnosing problems/faults/leaks, testing, repair and maintenance of domestic gas central heating systems. This includes boilers, pipes and associated fixtures and equipment
- Assisting with domestic plumbing installations and repairs, including kitchen and bathroom installations.
- To ensure compliance with law, working practices and health and safety regulations
- Working with Natural Gas & LPG
- Domestic plumbing
- Ensuring commitment to formal training and attendance at college.
Your usual hours will be from 9am to 5pm. However you may be expected to work outside of these hours, as required by the business, this will be discusses with you. You will be expected to meet the Engineer at 9am each morning at an agreed fixed location.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent verbal and communication skills and be able to understand basic skills and instructions
- Good written communication skills
- Ability to perform tasks under instruction and close supervision with a view to becoming more independent
- You will be enthusiastic and have a commitment to the tasks and training that has been offered
- Be a good team player with good timekeeping, and have the ability to use initiative and perform calmly under pressure
- You will need to be able to learn and familiarise yourself with equipment, parts and terminology.
- You will be respectful, polite and keen to learn
- You should enjoy working with people and as part of a team
- You will be hardworking, dedicated and committed to getting your heating and plumbing qualification
- You will need to demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn
- You should be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the business
- Be open and honest in your work.
There are no essential qualifications for the role however the successful applicant will be required to undertake an initial assessment in maths and English to ensure that they are at a high enough level to complete the apprenticeship.
There may be an opportunity for the successful candidate to be employed on completion of their apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- You will need to be able to travel to an agreed location in Eastbourne where you will be picked up
- One day each week, term time only you will be required to attend college for your day release. This will either be at the Eastbourne Campus, located at Hampden Park, or at the college's Construction Centre, located on the Castleham Industrial Estate, in St Leonards
- You’ll get at least 20 days paid holiday per year, plus bank holidays.
About the employer
DAS Plumbing & Heating
DAS plumbing & heating has been operating in Eastbourne and the surrounding area for the past 20 years. Offering customers a friendly, professional approach. Completing a large range of jobs from small repairs such as replacing a tap, to full heating system installations. The successful candidate will show dedication and a genuine desire to become a Gas Safe registered engineer.
20 Percival Crescent
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass, Merit or Distinction)
- Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Domestic Heating
- On completion candidates will be able to get gas safe registered
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths (equivalent to GCSE grade A-C or level 9-4) unless exempt.
Apprenticeship standard: Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have eligibility to work in the UK.
Apply for Plumbing & Domestic Heating Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly