Apprentice Commis Chef
3 days left
- Full Time
- Working week: We are just working on our re-opening hours so shifts will be confirmed shortly. Please note we are open 7 days a week so weekends will be included. 30 hours per week.
- Weekly wage: £150.00
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Possible start date: 20 Apr 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
We are looking for someone who will learn
- food safety and hygiene
- to understand diet, nutrition, allergens and menu planning
- kitchen etiquette
- basic costings and yields of goods
- portion and waste control
You will also learn preparation, cooking and finishing methods to produce:
- fish and shellfish, meat, poultry, game and offal
- vegetables and vegetable proteins
- stocks, sauces and soups
- rice, pasta and noodles
- egg dishes
- pastry and dough products
- cakes, sponges, scones and biscuits
- hot and cold deserts.
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for:
- manual dexterity
- confidence in asking questions to check understanding
- ability to stand for long periods of time
- an eye for detail
- an understanding that presentation is key to delivering good food.
You will need to learn to work as part of a team but also to use your own initiative to be able to get on with things without having to be asked
Enthusiasm and good humour are essential when working in a busy hospitality environment. You will need to have endless patience and know how to keep your cool.
A genuine interest in food and cooking is really important for any role in a kitchen.
GCSE English and maths would be an advantage.
We hope that when your apprenticeship has been completed successfully you will continue your career with The White Hart Inn.
Things to consider
We are in a rural area with minimal public transport so ensuring that you will be able to get to work on time is important.
About the employer
Ivan Neil Goodger
Situated in the picturesque village of Newenden in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, The White Hart freehouse oozes character and charm. It has served the local community and surrounding area since the 16th Century and if walls had ears it would, we know, have lots of interesting tales to tell - over a decent pint of fine cask ale, naturally! Our menus are thoughtfully created and our food homemade using seasonal and locally sourced ingredients wherever possible.
The White Hart
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
Your training will be delivered wholly in the workplace with your tutor/assessor coming to visit you regularly to ensure your training is going according to plan. The Commis Chef apprenticeship is 18 months long and ends with an assessment which will include an on-demand test, a practical observation and culinary challenge and a professional discussion.
You may also have English and maths included in your apprenticeship.
Apprenticeship standard: Commis chef.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have eligibility to work in the UK.
Apply for Apprentice Commis Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly