- Weekly Hours: 40 hours (to be discussed at interview)
- Weekly wage:£172.00
- Expected duration: 48 months
- Possible start date: 01 Jun 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 1 available
You will be working under supervision and assisting the electrician with the following duties:
- Help to assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Help diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components. Assist in the inspection of electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, to ensure compatibility and safety of system. - Record detailed and accurate repairs information relating to repair inspections or completed repair jobs.
- General labouring and housekeeping duties.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest standard and in the interest of the company.
- Carry out other reasonable requests made by the line manager to support departmental or company objectives.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s policies including Health & Safety are complied with.
- Observe and comply with all good working practices
Requirements and prospects
- GCSE English, Maths or equivalent to Grade C or above
- A requirement to meet the criteria for and undertake training as required under the Apprenticeship programme
- Methodical approach to solving queries
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people
- Ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently
Good attitude, good work ethic, eager to learn, self-motivated and to get along with colleagues.
Good GCSE results (A-C /4 and above or equivalent)
Able to grow with a growing business and its future opportunities.
About the employer
Cullen Electrical Contractors Limited
Cullen electrical can offer a one of a kind electrical design service. Commercial or domestic we have carried out and completed a vast amount of electrical design and build projects across Sussex and London gaining a portfolio of very satisfied customers.
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship standard which will include the Diploma, EPA and Functional Skills if required.
East Sussex College will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
Apprenticeship standard: Installation electrician / maintenance electrician.