Main or Upper Pay Range + SEN 1 Allowance
Full-time or part time are available for the right candidate
Required for September 2021
Are you ambitious? Do you want to work in a dynamic 11-16 school?
We are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher SEN Teacher, who is able to motivate and enthuse students.
We can offer you:
- The chance to work in an oversubscribed, innovative and forward thinking school
- Teaching at KS3 and KS4
- A school recently judged (March 2020) to be GOOD under the new OFSTED framework
- Effective support for Professional Development in preparation for your next step
- A friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
- A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
- Free well-being and medical support cover
- The opportunity to be part of the South Downs Education Trust MAT
- Free use of our new fitness suite
Are you someone who:
- Has experience of working with SEN students in either primary, secondary or specialist settings?
- Has knowledge of appropriate teaching and behaviour management for SEN?
- Has experience working within a specific area of need?
- Is able to motivate and inspire students?
- Can preferably offer an English specialism?
- Has excellent communication skills?
- Wants to make a real difference to the lives of our students?
For further enquiries or to arrange a visit please contact Olivia Blake on 01903 237864.
Details of this role, including a job description, information on why you may wish to join us, how to apply and an application form can be downloaded from the school website at https://www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or from the links in this advert.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 10 May by 9am. An early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if sufficient suitable applications are received.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 13 May (in person covid safe interviews). For exceptional candidates an early interview may take place, so an early application is appreciated.
Completed applications should be sent to Mr Panayiotou, Headteacher, at the above address or emailed to email@example.com
NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We prefer to hire people directly but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We will be in touch if we need you.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
South Downs Education Trust (SDET) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Worthing High School & Clapham and Patching C of E Primary school are part of SDET, which is an academy trust and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR
- We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools