Plumbing & Heating Apprentice
- Working week: 8am-5pm, 1 hour lunch break per day, Monday-Friday
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Weekly wage: £172.00
- Expected duration: 48 months
- Possible start date: 01 Jul 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 2 available
The employer will be interviewing throughout the advertisement period.
The start date can be flexible depending upon the candidate’s requirements. We are able to offer start dates in July and September.
The key tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Attend college one day per week, term time only.
- Install cold water systems
- Install hot water systems
- Installing pipework (hot, cold and waste pipe work)
- Follow health and safety procedures
- Fitting radiators, boilers, heated towel rails
- Operate electrical tools
- Test systems
- Working on new build sites
- Bathroom installations
- Keeping the working area clean and tidy.
Requirements and prospects
- The ability to work in a team
- The ability to follow instructions
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Good time keeping.
- A passion to work in the plumbing industry
- A real desire to learn
- Flexible to fit in with the needs of the business.
There are no essential qualifications for the role however, the successful apprentice will be required to undertake an initial assessment in maths and English to ensure that they are at a high enough level to complete the apprenticeship at Level 3.
It is preferred that applicants wishing to apply have a Level 2 Plumbing Diploma or NVQ however it is not essential.
Once you have completed the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to be employed on a permanent contract.
Things to consider
For applicants that already have previous plumbing qualifications, it is likely that the length of programme will be reduced. For those that have a Level 2 Plumbing Diploma or NVQ day release would be from East Sussex College’s, Construction Centre, on the Castleham Industrial Estate, in St Leonards. For those with no plumbing experience day release will either be from the Eastbourne Campus, located in Hampden Park or at the Construction Centre in St Leonards.
A driving licence is preferred; however it is not essential if you can arrange transport to meet the Engineer on a daily basis. This will be from a location specified by the Engineer. The Engineer will not do home pick ups.
In East Sussex, Jackson Plumbing & Heating (Contractors) Ltd are working on new build sites based in Bexhill, Eastbourne, Newhaven and Hailsham. You will be based on one of these sites alongside an Engineer. Most new build sites are not located near public transport links so please keep this in mind.
The company regularly reviews pay based upon work performance.
Jackson Plumbing & Heating Ltd
Jackson Plumbing & Heating (Contractors) Ltd provide plumbing and heating services in Sussex, Surrey and Kent. With 40 years industry experience, we carry out commercial and new build residential instalments spanning across a wide range of sectors. The highly knowledgeable and experienced team carry out the design, planning, installations and maintenance of plumbing and heating systems for any size project.
Training provider: EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Certificate (Pass, Merit or Distinction)
- Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Domestic Heating
- On completion candidates will be able to get gas safe registered
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grade A*-C or level 9-4) unless exempt.
You will attend college one day per week, term time only. 20% of your contracted working hours will be spent on training.
Apprenticeship standard: Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician