Ramen Sous Chef
RAMEN SOUS CHEF
Job Description and Summary - Rate of pay: up to £12.91 per hour
Tonkotsu began serving ramen in 2012 in Soho. We have a few more restaurants now but our approach to our food and people is the same - we're passionate about providing excellent ramen with our homemade noodles made and served by well paid, well trained and happy people. At Tonkotsu we define ourselves and our culture by four core behavioural values – Keep it Kodawari, Kaizen to the End, Omoiyari All the Way and Praise the Ramen – find out what they mean at the bottom of the page – and we expect you to adhere to these values, keeping them alive.
We expect a lot, but we give a lot too – in return for all the hard work, you’ll be paid well and get some cool benefits.
- Help lead a motivated team to ensure a smooth-running and profitable kitchen
- Help to hire, train and supervise full time and part-time employees
- Drive profitability within the restaurant by controlling labour, stock ordering, storage and wastage and serving great food efficiently
- Ensure all financial procedures are adhered to, which include (but not limited to);
- Labour – assist in organising staff schedules to be in line with agreed budget
- Stock control – accurate counting and entering of figures
- Ensure the Health and Safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and archived
- Monitor quality and availability of products and service provided
- Hit agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), which include;
- Mystery Shopper results
- Health, Safety and Hygiene results (Surefoot/EHO)
- Operational Checks
- Ensure all security procedures are adhered to
- Complete all necessary documentation to company standard (e.g. Trail)
- Live and breathe the four Values
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive pay – 100% of tronc goes to staff
- Training and development, with genuine opportunities to progress to Head Ramen Chef
- Free meals whilst working
- 50% off meals for up to four people when not working so you can hang out with friends and family
- Quarterly fun fund
- Annual staff party
Keep it Kodawari – We are perfectionists!
We will have an eye for detail and use this to ensure customers have everything they need. You will be trained and guided but we also expect you to using your judgement to prioritise tasks and adhere to our standards. You will take responsibility for your actions, even when you’ve made a mistake. You will have an infectious determination to make sure your customers are served the best food possible.
Omoiyari all the way – We are compassionate and inclusive
You will be friendly, approachable and use empathy to perceive the feelings of your team and customers. You will not discriminate against anyone on any grounds. You will have a genuine passion for hospitality that will ensure our customers feel welcome and looked after.
Kaizen to the end – we constantly strive for improvement
Nobody is perfect! We are all on a journey of improvement – personal and professional. You will be curious to learn and eager to develop.
Praise the Ramen – We are committed to providing very high quality food and drinks
Your product knowledge will be second to none and you will share your knowledge and enthusiasm for the food we serve with the team, keeping an eye on product quality. You will be an expert in the workings of the Tonkotsu kitchen and passion for excellent customer experience.