Senior Program Manager: Elekta
Senior Program Manager
Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
The Program Manager indirectly leads cross functional teams and is responsible for the full life cycle implementation of mission-critical programs which include project estimation & planning, scheduling, budgeting, creating organizational alignment, resourcing, organizational change management and ongoing maintenance.
The Senior Program Manager applies expert influence to ensure communication and prioritization is optimal for complex PLM People Development programs across the various business lines, platform teams and support services. The ability to visualize and simplify complex relationships, harmonize processes and procedures and ultimately obtain buy-in from key stakeholders is essential. This is a highly visible senior management facing role and the Program Manager must be able to manage through the complexity of cross-cutting concerns and needs from HR, Global Strategies, IT, Business Line and Platform specific priorities and roadmaps.
• Managing the strategic direction and leadership of the overall People Development initiatives and plans.
• Contributing to the optimization and development of functional capabilities, processes, and infrastructure needed to manage the People Development initiative.
• Creating the necessary plans and strategy for the acquisition, implementation, and ongoing training & maintenance of any needed learning development tools.
• Producing accurate business plans and project estimates needed for business cases that require approvals for any investment of time and resources.
• Managing the process for the selection of vendors based on user and process requirements.
• Aligning and ensuring the necessary levels of collaboration between the various owners and stakeholders.
• Creating and facilitating a People Development Steering Committee comprised of the Senior Executives from the key stakeholders.
• Ensuring that all People Development initiatives are planned, implemented, rolled out and supported in conjunction with any agreed upon open standards, policies and/or ongoing strategies, and that all risks are identified, communicated, and managed appropriately.
• Collating and presenting regular progress reports, and to escalate any issues for resolution to the People Development Steering Committee.
• Ensuring that we have a set of qualitative and quantitative metrics that will help us to measure compliance, effectiveness, and overall user satisfaction and engagement.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years’ experience in managing large projects preferably with experience leading geographically dispersed teams
• 5+ years’ experience in product development/engineering, preferably in both software and hardware environments
• 3+years in a training & development role in a corporate environment, developing and managing training programs, coordinating and delivering training content, partnering with stakeholders to build course content, and evaluating results
• Proven ability to work across and vertically in medium-size organizations.
• Effective team building and organizational skills and staff development.
• Demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking and the ability to implement through others.
• Solid knowledge and application of methods and tools in a high-tech engineering business organization is a distinct advantage.
• Excellent people management, interpersonal and communications skills.
• A strong negotiator and influencer, both internally and externally.
• Balanced skills to see and understand the big picture while managing the important details as required.
• Strong decision making and analytical/problem solving skills.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally for role.
• Experience in the medical device industry is a plus.
• Fluent in English
• Travel ability up to 25% (Unless restrictions apply)