Personal Injury Claims Team Leader
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Personal Injury Claims Team Leader to join our Third Party team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
You’ll supervise a team of Personal Injury Claims Negotiators to ensure all claims are resolved within a reasonable time period in accordance with Company policies and procedures. In addition to this, you’ll support delivery of the claims business plan through ensuring the team achieve their SLAs.
This will be a fantastic time to join as a Personal Injury Claims Team Leader on a permanant basis and be part of the growth within First Central!
- Ensure delivery of the Third Party business plan and PI targets
- Provide regular reports to the PI Claims Manager on the status of KPIs and SLAs
- Assist the Claims department with any queries and handle more complex claims where appropriate
- Ensure potential fraudulent claims are identified and referred as per documented procedures
- Manage, motivate and lead a group of handlers
- Conduct regular audit reviews to check the accuracy and quality of employee’s work
- Deliver coaching and feedback to the team to achieve KPIs and SLAs, and conduct regular performance reviews, including probationary reviews and annual appraisals
- Deal with all employee issues, including monitoring absence and conducting disciplinaries
- Assist the recruitment process
- Assist with the training of new recruits, or re-training of current employees when required
- Develop and manage departmental procedures specifically in relation to PI, and drive improvements in processes, procedures and systems
- Ensure all Technical Claims Negotiators are compliant with TCF principles when liaising with customers and handling claims, and ensure own personal compliance with TCF principles
- Ensure that all new claims files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy
- Process and authorise cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- Work closely with other teams and departments to ensure consistency and best practice
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times (including TCF)
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Extensive motor personal injury claims experience
- Experience of managing a team of employees
- Experience of claims reporting management of ACPC
- Solid experience of auditing claims files
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to motivate employees in a high-pressurised environment
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong customer service skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate
- Solid understanding of all aspects of motor claims handling and specifically with regards to MOJ Portal reforms
- Excellent knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) and the regulatory framework relating to claims
- Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations delivery
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.