Junior IT Technician: Aerotron
Junior IT Technician
Due to continued growth, we have an exciting new opportunity for an individual committed to a career in IT across a multi-site environment.
The right candidate will have a hunger to learn, gaining knowledge as they progress in this role.
- Leading provider of aircraft product services to a global market
- Established in 1973 and highly successful
- Winner of the Queens Award for International Trade on two occasions
- Exciting plans for further growth and expansion.
To assist with the smooth running of the Company’s IT by providing Desktop Support to our users (local and remote). You will be the frontline of the IT Team providing 1st line support, as well as the installation and maintenance of users IT hardware and software. You will take responsibility for the day-to-day efficiency of call logging/monitoring, as well as end user requirements/resources. The role will offer the opportunity to work as part of a Team, with the opportunity to learn new technologies and concepts.
- Act as the first point of call for IT issues via phone, email and in person, ensuring any support requests are logged accordingly.
- Monitor and respond to incoming IT support requests
- Provide 1st line Support, and when required escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT Support member
- To take ownership of user problems, perform a technical diagnosis and fix
- Build and configure end user Desktops, including installation of software and peripherals (printers, scanners, cameras),
- Create new user accounts and profiles
- Ensure Client software is routinely updated and patched where required
- Maintain suitable IT stock levels, allowing for future requirements and growth
- Perform daily system checks including Antivirus, Backup monitoring and reporting
- Actively develop and maintain documentation of IT systems and process
- GCSE/A Level-educated or similar, preferably with an ICT, or Computing qualification
- Experience in an IT Helpdesk environment beneficial, but not essential. Could suit recent school/college leaver
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems (Windows 10)
- Strong user knowledge of MS Office Products (O365/2019/2016)
- Working knowledge of IT peripherals, (Scanners, Printers, etc.)
- Understanding of PC hardware/software configuration
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Basic Windows troubleshooting skills
- Appreciation and understanding of backups, backup software and restoration methods
- Work flexibly as part of a small IT team and co-operate with colleagues
- Clear communication skills (verbal, written and listening) and able to explain technical issues to non-technical people from all areas of the business
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- A good eye for detail and capable of working quickly, thoroughly and accurately to meet deadlines and overcome problems
- Organised and able to cope with changing priorities
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Full-time, permanent, office based position
- Competitive salary
- Generous pension, private healthcare and on-site gym
- Modern office/warehouse facility with good working conditions and easy parking
- Opportunities to learn new technologies and concepts
Closing date for applications is MONDAY, 28 JUNE 2021.
No employment agencies please.