- Working week: The working week will be discussed at interview. 39 hours per week
- Weekly wage: £200.85
- Expected duration: 42 months
- Possible start date: 06 Sep 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Higher Level Apprenticeship
- Positions: 2 available
Your tasks will include learning a variety of machining techniques including:
- Gear machining
- Inspection equipment
- Additional equipment
- Spur and helical gears
- Bevel gears
- Worm wheels
- Internal gears
We supply a wide range of splined shafts to leading pump manufactures throughout the world via direct and indirect export.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good mathematics and English
- Willing to learn
- Good time keeping
- Pleasant disposition
- Practically minded
- Reasonably disciplined
Good GCSE results (grade 4 and above or equivalent).
A full time position with the company could be a possibility after successful.
Things to consider
Location Tunbridge Wells.
SH Muffett Ltd TA Muffett Gears
Muffett Gears Leading Experts in Gearing established in 1920, we supply a wide range of splined shafts to leading pump manufactures throughout the world via direct and indirect export.
Training provider EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Training to be provided
Higher Engineering Manufacturing Technician Standard.
East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship framework which will include:
- Functional Skills if required
- Sussex Coast College Hastings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity
- You will be required to attend college one day a week for the duration of the apprenticeship
Apprenticeship standard: Engineering Manufacturing Technician.
Before applying for this apprenticeship, please note that we can only accept applications from candidates that have edibility to work in the UK.