Are you due to complete your studies from college or university and are interested in a career for a growing insurance organisation? Perhaps you’ve already gained work experience within financial services and you’re seeking your next step? If so, this could be your lucky day! We’re looking for several Personal Injury Negotiators to join our fantastic Third Party Injury Claims team in Salford Quays, Manchester.
We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group, an award-winning, innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services. In 2020, we grew our talent by 41%, filling 430 roles, 95 of which were internal promotions, and we’re still looking to grow and develop our business even further.
As a group, we have a number of companies, which include our underwriter, broker and personal injury claims specialists, as well as our award-winning motor insurance broker, 1ST CENTRAL, which has successfully built a customer base of over 840,000!
Our 2021 plans are to grow further, especially our Personal Injury division, and with plenty of progression and support available from our highly experienced technical PI colleagues and Learning & Development team, we’ll help expand your claims and insurance knowledge to new heights.
- Proactively process low level Personal Injury claims, up to £10k, received via the MOJ and OIC portals, from the outset to the conclusion of the liability decision-making period in accordance with agreed principles and procedures, and to maintain files within service standards
- Ensure compliance with the relevant sections of MoJ Reforms, Civil Procedure Rules, Personal Injury Pre action Protocol and Road Traffic Act
- Promptly identify potential fraudulent claims and other claims which require specific referral
- Conduct detailed and compliant telephone interviews with customers in relation to their claim
- Instruct and then proactively manage cases allocated to claims investigators and other suppliers, ensuring adherence to procedures, ensuring Agreed SLAs are met to maximise the number of claims retained within the MoJ portal process
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly in accordance with FCIM’s reserving philosophy
- Ensure the reserves fully reflect the expected level of damages on each file
- Process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- Maintain knowledge in specialist area to constantly improve understanding of technical issues relating to personal injury claims
- Ensure compliance with TCF principles when liaising with customers and handling claims
- Build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Maintain diary within SLAs and KPIs to ensure effective and timely decision making
- Provide support to the Technical Claims Team Leader by ensuring delivery of own performance against agreed objectives, KPIs and SLAs
- Comply with health and safety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Skills, knowledge & experience
- Strong customer service experience gained from financial services or a similar working environment
- An understanding of insurance motor claims, including liability and personal injury handling (desirable)
- Thorough and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation, influencing and strong customer service skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate with excellent presentation skills
- Actively identify and engage in areas of business improvement
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Confident in presenting information in a clear and concise manner
- Strives to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If this job sounds like the role you're looking for, apply today!
Want to know what it’s really like to work at First Central? Take a look at our Glassdoor reviews.