Fancy a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? If so, this could be your lucky day! We’re looking for several Motor Claim Handlers to join our Customer Claims team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group, an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services. We grew our talent in 2020 by 41% and we’re still looking to grow and develop further.
As a group, we have a number of companies, which include our underwriter, broker and personal injury claims specialists, as well as our award-winning motor insurance broker, 1ST CENTRAL, which has successfully built a customer base of over three quarters of a million.
We’re now looking for several Claim Handlers to join us in our October 2021 induction course and to join our FNOL Claims team in a busy phone based role.
Please note, the hours will be a 37.5 hour working week with the Claims department open 8am to 8pm on three shift patterns and 1 in 3 Saturdays, 9am to 4pm.
If you have excellent customer service skills and compassionate we’d love to hear from you!
Motor Claims Handler responsibilities:
- You will be the first point of call via telephone for a customer who has been involved in a motor accident
- Proactively record, process and settle motor claims in accordance with our principles and procedures, and maintain files within our service standards
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy and be personally responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages on each file
- Process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- Identify and champion potential fraudulent claims and action as per guidelines
- Ensure liability is agreed within existing case law and accident circumstances
- Effectively negotiate with customers, suppliers and all relevant third party representatives
- Adhere to and consider all regulatory requirements at all times, including TCF, DPA, AML and Anti Bribery principles, and ensure all direct reports are compliant
- Be compliant with health and safety policies at all times
- Ensure compliance with company standards/regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Motor Claims Handler Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a Claims Handler role, with proven strong customer service skills
- Understanding of motor insurance processes and the end-to-end customer claims process
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Complaint resolution is essential
- Coaching/training experience desirable
- Good Liability Knowledge and a confident challenger
- Understanding of engineer’s reports
- Excellent communication, time management and organisation skills
- Desire to learn and develop through continuous training
- Embrace, embed and incorporate our Company Values
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people.
In return there is the opportunity to work for a growing ambitious firm who work collaboratively to achieve fantastic results. We also will be moving to a more flexible working environment post Covid which means potentially 40% off your working week could be from home.
Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
Are you the person we’re looking for? If so, we look forward to hearing from you. Apply today!