- Weekly wage: £347.49
- Working week: Monday – Thursday 08:00 - 4:30 and Friday - 08:00 - 4:00.
- Total hours per week: 39.00
- Expected duration: 18 months
- Possible start date: 30 Sep 2021
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level 3 (A level)
- Positions: 1 available
You will be working with an experienced Document Controller and supporting one of our Project Managers.
This is a busy, varied role and day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing all project documentation generated by the company and sub-contractors; creating and revising project documentation for customer approval. Our customers are worldwide, although primarily based in the UAE, China, India and America and it is important to understand the different requirements of each country
- Controlling the workflow of all project related documents including registers ensuring documents meet the Company quality requirements before being filed
- Liaising with internal (cross company) and external customers via face-to-face, email and ‘phone, to ensure that documents contain correct and understandable information regarding their categorisation
- Maintaining an accurate file structure for all project documentation
- Performing quality control checks to ensure Company generated documents comply with both Company and client document management systems
- Distributing documentation to the project team in a timely and accurate manner
- Expediting and tracking the status of all documents reviewed internally
- Actively participating in working groups to deliver continuous improvement projects and activities
- Regularly reviewing relevant work instructions and procedures and updating them accordingly
- Attending relevant meetings with customers e.g.. kick-off meetings (initial meeting with the customer, project manager, engineer and document controller), witnessing (testing stage – witnessing pumps being tested at HMD) and final inspections (ensuring everything is correct, e.g. paint colour, documentation)
- Metrics - Maintaining department performance information and displaying accordingly; maintaining personal weekly and monthly performance metrics
Full training to be provided.
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project and Visio
- Highly organised and able to manage own workload
- Good communicator both spoken and written
- Capable of dealing with high pressure situations
- Able to work as part of a team
- Quality beliefs and excellent attention to detail
- Willing to learn
- GCSE English & maths grade C / 4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) desirable
- Potential permanent full-time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship
About the employer
HMD Kontro is recognised as the pioneer of sealless pump engineering and manufacturing. Our site in Hampden Park, Eastbourne is situated approximately 5 minutes walk from Hampden Park Railway Station or nearby bus stop (near Morrisons).
HMD Seal Less Pumps Ltd
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
- East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship framework which will include NVQ/ Diploma, Functional Skills
- East Sussex College will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity
Business administrator Level 3 (A level).