- Weekly wage: £170.94 to £329.67
- Working week: Mon – Thu 0830 – 1700 hrs ) Fri 0830 – 1630 hrs ) one hour for lunch
- Total hours per week: 37.00
- Expected duration: 24 months
- Possible start date: 18 Oct 2021
- Date posted: 3 days ago
- Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level 3 (A level)
- Positions: 1 available
The successful applicant will be working with the general Admissions & Enrolment team providing information, advice and guidance to inform learning choices and provide information about welfare and other support predominantly to HE applicants and learners.
Duties will include:
• Responding to enquiries about courses via email, ‘phone or face-to-face
• Referring course enquiries to tutors where necessary and tracking progress of responses
• Regularly checking the college website has up-to-date course information and liaising with Marketing or MIS (Management Information Systems) for amendments when necessary
Applications & Interviews:
• Entering applications in to ProSolution (database system)
• Passing applications on to course tutors for review
• Identifying applicants from the EU / International applicants and providing them with information about visa requirements before they proceed further. Liaising with the International team when necessary.
• Scheduling interviews for applicants using ProSolution and electronic calendar
• Keeping track of and collecting interview outcomes from tutors
• Checking offers made by tutors are accurate (e.g. correct no. of UCAS points have been requested) and are in line with our general standards
• Updating ProSolution and other databases with accurate offers, applicant offer decisions and follow up for response from applicants
• Filing all application and interview paperwork in designated email / computer folders
• Extracting application data from ProSolution and providing accurate information to HE Operations Leads / Head of HE when requested
• Answering questions and finding information about Student Finance for applicants, plus helping students with applications for Student Finance
• Resolving issues with Student Finance through provider helplines
• Confirming student enrolments and attendance in Student Loan Company online system
• Providing information about and application forms for the college bursary and hardship fund and supporting students with applications.
• Signposting students to other agencies for help with financial problems
• Scheduling enrolment sessions for applicants and continuing students, liaising with HE Admissions Co-ordinator, MIS and Student Services Managers
• Communicating enrolment schedules and the paperwork to bring to applicants and continuing students
• Ensuring enrolment forms are printed for enrolment and other resources are in place
• Enrolling students in person and virtually using ProSolution
• Completing relevant college paperwork to withdraw students and entering withdrawals and suspensions in the Student Loan Company portal
• Supporting HE Admissions Co-ordinator with admissions work for partner colleges in London (e.g. ProSolution data entry)
• Referring students for in-house support where necessary (e.g. to the HE Mentor / Learning Support)
• Using Excel to analyse and present data and track processes
Full training will be given.
Requirements and prospects
• PC literacy e.g.Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Excellent communication skills – verbally, digitally and written
• Good organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• The ability to work as part of a team, plus students and colleagues at all levels
• Good time keeping
• Able to think creatively and solve problems
• The ability to work accurately and to deadlines to produce professional documentation
• Flexible and adaptable
• Highly motivated.
• Proactive and able to use your own initiative
• Willing to learn and willing to ask
• A positive attitude
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Interested in data and data system
GCSE English & Maths grade C / 4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) desirable
Potential permanent full-time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
The post holder will be subject to a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check.
At times you will be required to travel to Lewes and Hastings campuses for training or working, this will be arranged through your line manager
About the employer
East Sussex College is the largest Further Education and Higher Education college in East Sussex with campuses in Hastings, Eastbourne, Newhaven and Lewes. We offer a number of traditional Sixth Form subjects, alongside vocational and professional courses, apprenticeships and re-engagement programmes plus a range of Degree level courses.
East Sussex College Group
Cross Levels Way
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship which will include Diploma, Functional Skills,
East Sussex College will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
Level 3 (A level)