FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
Langshott Manor Hotel, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
4 Red Star, Award winning Elizabethan Manor House set in 3 acres of stunning grounds with an ancient moat. 22 bedroom hotel with many charming lounges all with open fires as well as the sumptuous 3 Rosette Mulberry Restaurant.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities and bedrooms as well as sample menus for our restaurant and private dining guests.
Reporting to our General Manager you will be responsible and accountable for all food and beverage service areas including; 3 Rosette Mulberry Restaurant (60 covers), Wedding and Function Service, Afternoon Tea Service, Bar & Room Service.
Your focus will be the consistent delivery of high standards of guest service across all F&B operational areas. You will be supported by a team of 3 F&B Supervisors and full time and casual waiting staff.
- To ensure all F&B service staff are recruited, trained and developed in line with current and future business requirements and budgets.
- To ensure all service standards and Mystery Guest Standards are achieved consistently across all FB areas.
- Ensure the presentation of all F&B areas is clean, safe, welcoming and appealing with point of sale material displayed in line with agreed standards and legislation.
- Ensure all F&B team members are smart, punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to guests & colleagues at all times.
- Ensure team have all products and resources to deliver excellent service by an organised process of planning, stock taking, ordering and requisitioning.
- Ensure the team have excellent product knowledge of all menus.
- Performance management of the team through, training, coaching and support.
- Set, implement and maintain F&B Department SOPs.
- Drive sales through all F&B outlets to support in achieving revenue goals.
- Monitor guest feedback both personally and through guest comment reporting systems /processes ensuring an appropriate response.
- Ensure all F&B control procedures are implemented.
- Ensure that all rotas for F&B departments are prepared to ensure adequate cover while meeting budgetary requirements based on sales.
- Work with the senior team to generate ideas for product development, menu development to increase sales and meeting ever changing guest requirements.
- Implement and maintain an effective process of communication and briefings to ensure all teams are focused and up to date with current issues, requirements, menus and objectives.
- Completing Duty Management shifts and deputizing for the General Manager in his absence.
This role would suit an up and coming F&B Manager that aspires to be a General Manager in the future and will be capable of deputizing for the Current General Manager in his/her absence.
- Hands on leader managing a team of 8 plus seasonal casual staff. Ability to manage and inspire a team of dedicated employees
- Located locally for ease of completing shifts
- Quality restaurant to 3 Rosette level and banqueting experience in a similar style operation.
- Experience of service standards development away from the corporate brands.
- Multi outlet experience on one site.
- A passion for coaching, training and developing their team.
- A smart and friendly disposition for guest liaison / Wedding tasting appointments / Hosting events / Duty Management.
- Team player with internal customers.
- Proven record of retention of any awards gained.
- Proven record of stability in job roles.
£32,000 per annum (£30,000 + £2,000 per annum guaranteed service charge payment paid quarterly)
- An additional end of financial year service charge bonus also paid
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday