We’re a large NHS Mental Health Trust in South East England. We’re looking for people to help us provide high quality services for the patients, carers and local communities we serve.
We want patients and staff to recommend our organisation as a place where they would be happy for their friends and family to be treated. You can help us do this by bringing your skills, experience and commitment to Sussex Partnership.
Sussex Partnership NHS FT is committed to supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our communities. Our workforce is currently under-represented from Black and Minority, Ethnic and disabled communities and we would welcome applications from these communities.
We are a busy team, providing recruitment and on-boarding services and we are expanding due to the large scale investment in our services. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced recruitment professional to join our team and share our commitment to making a real positive difference in how we recruit across the Trust.
Working in collaboration with specific directorates, you will be responsible for all aspects of end to end recruitment from advertising to offer completion with a particular focus on effective hiring manager engagement and exceptional candidate experience.
This role requires you to work with accuracy and pace; re-assessing priorities and conflicting demands on a daily basis and be a competent user of MS office applications.
We are looking for capable and competent candidates. People who can learn quickly and are happy speaking with both candidates and colleagues from all levels. You will be a good communicator with the ability to work well in a busy and varied environment with a strong sense of customer service.
We are committed to providing a healthy work-life balance and open to consider various flexible working options. We are working in an hybrid way between the office and home and plan to continue this when we move into our new offices in Worthing in the new year.
We are committed to the development of our employees and this role offers the opportunity to undertake formal CIPD qualifications.
Main duties of the job
As our new Recruitment Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all aspects of volume recruitment within your dedicated service area.
- Pipeline management - communicate any concerns with quality and/or volume of candidates and take action to make improvement.
- Be the first point of contact for queries/support from your service managers
- Coaching, motivating and mentoring junior members of the team
- Maintain all relevant recruitment data to ensure accurate resourcing takes place
- Demonstrate consistency and operate within the Recruitment Policy guidelines
- Support the recruitment team by carrying out telephone interviews, processing offers, administration tasks, audit checks and any other ad hoc duties to secure efficiency and high quality results
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Experience in using HR/Recruitment Systems
- Previous HR and/or Recruitment experience ideally within a high volume fast paced environment
- Have a passion for delivering excellent service
- A willingness to learn and develop your skills
- Have passion for being a brand ambassador for our Trust
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Be able to clearly communicate with candidates, managers and your colleagues
Working for our organisation
We provide mental health and learning disability care for children, young people and adults across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Working in Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns there’s always new experiences to be enjoyed
- Embrace the city life with great access to visit Brighton and London
- With easy access to Gatwick and Heathrow and excellent railway links across the UK there is plenty of opportunity for adventure
We’d love you to join our organisation that is rated ‘good’ overall and ‘outstanding’ for caring by the Care Quality Commission. Our staff agree, with 82% of people in our recent staff survey telling us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Other key staff survey results include:
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work within their team
77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
See the attached ‘Partnership Perks’ document for details about our benefits package.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To maintain high levels of customer service when dealing with appointing managers and candidates to include providing all parties with regular updates on progress.
- To liaise with all levels of Trust management to guide and advise them of recruitment policy, procedure and best practice, including the requirement the ensure all candidates are recruited in line with these policies and procedures.
- To take ownership of the recruitment activity within the Workforce Supply Team, as assigned by the manager.
- To coordinate all recruitment activity for designated area, ensuring that service level agreement KPIs are met, supporting preparation for selection processes.
- Demonstrate empathy when dealing with difficult situations involving candidates and managers.
Person specification QUALIFICATIONS Essential criteria
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
EXPERIENCE Essential criteria
- Experience of working in a HR/Recruitment environment
- Must be able to relate professionally to a wide range of external and internal stakeholders
- Experience of using, maintaining and reporting from a web-based database
- Customer/candidate focussed
We regret that we are unable to advise candidates if they have not been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In the event of an excessive number of applicants the Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than indicated.