Sales Development Representative
Due to growth, we are now looking for a highly motivated Sales Development Representative to further expand our market share and customer base.
Reporting to the Sales Director, you will be an important member of the sales team responsible for driving company growth through the creation of project (qualified) leads for our sales team.
You will be responsible for the exciting and challenging role of identifying decision makers within prospect organisations by conducting outbound telephone / online research and will be required to generate and qualify leads against predetermined targets by sector and location. We have a strong team dynamic and truly believe in providing support and ongoing training, in turn you will be responsible for quickly establishing a healthy pipeline and prospect base for our project solutions, demonstrating a clear understanding of consumer needs and market trends, using this knowledge to qualify leads for our Sales team to convert to new customers.
You will be expected to deliver key introductory messaging (pitches) and will work with the marketing team to highlight any need for research into competitors’ products and services. In addition, you will be responsible for providing clear, accurate and prompt performance reports and will be expected to attend in-house sales meetings and to report qualified leads.
Do you believe you can close any deal? Are you a talkative, intelligent communicator? Do you have a passion for your craft? Yes? Well, we want to hear from you! We’re an exciting fast paced OOH media owner, located in Hove and have the perfect career move, made, just for you!
Rate of pay: £20,000 – 22,000 per annum / (pro-rata for part time)
Job Type: Full time / Part Time
Hours: Full Time – 9.00 – 17.00 / Part Time – 9.30 – 14.30 (potentially flexible during business hours)
Duties will include:
- Be an ambitious, enthusiastic Sales Development Representative with a strong track record of success
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects by conducting research to find new leads
- Be a highly motivated individual with excellent communication, in addition to strong influencing and networking skills
- Be a self-disciplined, confident decision maker who takes full responsibility for their own performance
- Be resilient with a positive ‘can do’ attitude to your job
- Be willing to continually grow, develop and learn new skills
- Excel at finding new opportunities and be able to rapidly grow new territories and markets
- Possess the ability to ‘think outside of the box’ in order to secure a prospect’s attention and win project leads
- Be able to build rapport and relationships with ease and be confident in communicating with all levels of potential customers
- Be a committed team player, willing to work flexibly as required
- Be able to hit agreed targets, and where possible, exceed them
- Be able to actively listen, allowing you to analyse prospective customer needs, determine client requirements and ascertain potential solutions
- Have a high attention to detail when undertaking research into projects and establish tactics to support the strategic business plan
- Support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits and other events.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
The ideal candidate:
- Previous Sales experience
- Track record in building relationships – in person, online and via telephone
- Hunger, drive and motivation to exceed targets
- An eloquent communicator
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage varied workloads according to official and natural deadlines
- Experience of working with database/CRM packages and other Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to work within a team and achieve both individual and wider team goals
- Strong account management skills.
- Evidence of ability to forecast financial outcomes, identifying challenges and risks and to manage a plan of action in those circumstances
- Educated to a degree level or higher