Crisis Care Coordinator (Contract and Bank post available)
Responsible to: CQC Manager/Service Manager
Hours: Variable hours as required worked flexibly on a rota to cover a 7 day a week service
Location: Brighton & Hove
Main purpose of job:
The crisis service provides short-term person-centred care to people in later life who maybe returning home from hospital or for those who find themselves in need.
As care coordinator you will work closely with the manager and the other coordinators of the service to ensure referrals are processed in a safe and timely way, the rota is covered, and carers are wellsupported.Work as part of the Crisis team to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of care within client’s home, to cover annual leave, training days and sickness.
Staff and/or Volunteer Management:
- Alongside the service manager and the other care coordinators support a team of carers whilst promoting organisational values and goals.
- Authorising annual leave, updating absences such as sickness on HRescape and carrying out 1:1 supervisions and carer observations
- Embedding a culture of coaching and collaboration across the organisation.
- Support the manager to plan and hold regular Team meetings
- With the manager and other care coordinators ensure all staff in the Crisis Team receives regular training. This could include booking training and updating internal training record.
- To work with the office team providing all administration and support required to ensure service delivered efficiently, safely and meeting required quality and CQC standards
- To input client information on to the current data base (Charity Log)
- To receive direct referrals between 8.00am and 8.00pm including weekends and public holidays as required and agreed within the rota.
- Process referrals in a timely way
- Communicate with external agencies (such as responsive services) to ensure they are updated on service capacity
- Maintain regular communication with crisis carers throughout their shift as part of the lone working policy and receive client updates.
- Signpost/refer clients to other services as required (Internal and external)
- Support the manager to keep rota up to date and monitoring of annual leave
- Support manager with monitoring and evaluation of the service
- Provide emergency care cover when required
Key contacts and relationships
Work closely with the CQC registered manager/service manager and care coordinators to ensure the services maintains all CQC regulated standards
Provide feedback to external agencies (Responsive Services, CCG and other health care professionals) with client updates which will include taking part in weekly conference calls
Develop and maintain internal and external relationships to enable service promotion and links for ongoing support for clients.
Age UK West Sussex, Brighton and Hove is committed to anti-discriminatory policies and practices, and it is essential that the post holder is willing to make a positive contribution to their promotion and implementation.
Scope of job description
This job description reflects the immediate requirements and responsibilities of the post. It is not an exhaustive list of the duties but gives a general indication of work undertaken which may vary in detail in the light of changing demands and priorities. Substantial changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder.
Person Specification – Add Crisis Care coordinator:
- Effective organizational skills including information, resources, and time management.
- Ability to work alone using initiative in a domiciliary or office setting
- Excellent communication skills with ability to manage and motivate people towards achieving defined outcomes
- Experience of care work
- Have experience of working in the community
- Understands the adult social care environment and how we can best add value
- Be able to maintain accurate records
- An understanding of, and interest in older people, their situations, and the opportunities they may want and/or need
- Ability to carry out basic Risk Assessments
- Good computer skills including using main Microsoft packages as well as experience with project frameworks and systems
- Has NVQ 2 or equivalent in Health & Social Care
- Ability to work as a team and alone when necessary using own initiative.
- Have a flexible approach to work to include working weekends and Public holidays as agreed on a rota and to cover emergency visits
- Full driving license and use of car for work.
- Ability to travel on occasion to different locations including other AUKWSBH sites
- Understanding of and adherence to organisational Code of Conduct, supporting positive change across the charity
- Experience of rota planning
- Experience as a care coordinator
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Health & social Care
- Good Geographical knowledge of Brighton & Hove