Wholesale Case Advisor
Without water, life as we know it would be impossible. Every day, we rely on it for drinking, washing and cleaning. It helps create the energy we need for heat and light. It’s also essential to the products we enjoy and the natural world we depend upon.
Yet the South East faces a future of more people and less water. Our population is growing fast, and climate change is bringing greater risk of both drought and flooding.
In the water industry, your work will help to address these challenges and give people access to sustainable, high-quality water and wastewater services for decades to come.
The South East is also home to over 700 miles of coastline, two National Parks, four Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and some of the world’s rarest chalk streams. As well as working within these breath-taking environments, your activities will help preserve them for generations to come.
Why Southern Water?
Each day, over four million people across Sussex, Kent, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight count on us for their essential water or wastewater services. Our work is vital, because we’re providing water for life.
Do you want to make a difference? At Southern Water, you work will help to enhance health and wellbeing, protect and improve the environment and sustain the economy. You’ll also play an important role in helping us deliver a resilient water future for the South East.
Are you a natural collaborator with a strong moral compass and high standards? If so, you’ll fit right in. Everything we do is underpinned by three values: succeeding together, doing the right thing and always improving.
Do you want to bring your authentic self to work every day? We do too. That’s why we’re building an inclusive culture and are proud to offer equal opportunities regardless of age, cultural background, disability, gender, marital status, nationality, political belief, race, religion or sexual orientation. We believe the unique perspectives and experiences each of us brings make us stronger.
About the Role:
Job Title: Wholesale Case Advisor
Location: Durrington, West Sussex
Perm/FTC: 1x Permanent and 1x 12 Month FTC
Hours: 37.5 Hours a week
Salary: Up to £23,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
We are currently looking for 2 Wholesale Case Advisors to review, case manage and action complex non-household work requests. Ensure compliance with market operator obligations and service level agreements, escalating to Wholesale Service Team Leader or various stakeholders where necessary and managing interaction with the retailer and internal teams as required. There is one permanent position and one 12 Month Fixed Term Contract position available. A comprehensive benefits package is included i.e. discounts/perkbox and eligibility for a company bonus
You will be required to receive, assess, resolve and respond to all Non-Household (NHH) related enquiries received from retailers. Handle all outbound and inbound communication and action complex requests.
1. Receive, assess, resolve and respond to all Non-Household (NHH) related enquiries received from retailers (or on occasion, direct enquiries from NHH customers relating to Developer Services or Trade Effluent).
2. Assess work requests received from the retailer (or direct from the NHH customer in certain cases for Developer Services and Trade Effluent) and raise work orders as necessary. This includes receiving the mandated work request forms completed by the retailer and assessing them for acceptance or rejection.
3. Manage inbound and outbound communication with retailers to clarify requirements, request additional information and manage resolution of work orders/requests.
4. Action complex requests, consisting of leak allowances up to a value of £500 and compiling allowance above £500 to be authorised by senior managers.
5. Authority and responsibility in making amendments to data sets that have monetary consequences to the business.
6. Monitor and manage the workflow of work orders raised, ensuring successful completion in order to meet all market operator and organisationally mandated service level agreements.
7. Provide regular updates to retailers on progress of cases at key points in the process, informing them of any major actions scheduled or undertaken by email and telephone and over other communication channels as necessary
8. Provide assistance to Wholesale Services Team Leader and Retailer Relationship Managers where required to resolve escalated issues raised by retailers.
9. Following successful completion of a case, ensure all systems/databases are updated accordingly to allow the timely update of the Market Operator systems
To be successful in this role you will need to be good at negotiation and persuasion with the ability display strong interpersonal skills. You are required to be patient person who is able deal with difficult or challenging situations in a calm and professional manner. This a customer centric role therefore previous customer services experience is a necessity.
• Familiarity of Metering & Connections, Developer Services, Trade Effluent, Market Data Update and Allowances, Assessments & Incentives sufficient to handle enquiries and assess, accept/reject and escalate work request forms as necessary (Desirable)
• Ability to work to targets and defined performance measures, working in a commercial environment. Build internal working relationships
• Proficiency in raising and managing multiple work order/case files.
• Adaptable to change.
• Excellent communication, written and verbal, skills. appropriate to a commercial environment
• Ability to present information to customers concisely and clearly.
• Ability to engage and empathise with commercial customers Eagerness to learn.
• The role requires a professional and commercially approach, operating to company policies, business procedures and regulatory and company standards.
• Technical IT literate. (To type, word process or transcribe recorded dictation to produce letters, documents, reports, correspondence etc) Ability to operate required internal systems e.g. SAP.
• Experience of managing commercial customers or working for commercial customers in utilities environment is highly desirable.
• Experience of working in a commercial customer service environment.
• Experience working in the water industry is desirable
• Good general education (GCSE English and Maths or equivalent).
• Full Driving Licence desirable. Travel within the UK may be required from time to time.