Our Counter Fraud Services department in Haywards Heath, West Sussex are on the look out for a Senior Fraud Application Analyst!
You'll provide statistical analysis and insight and produce recommendations and reports to increase the profitability of the company through improved Fraud controls. Assisting the Team Leader in managing the workloads, helping to motivate and support the analysts within the Fraud Analytics team.
- Ability to produce timely and accurate information for management decision-making purposes.
- To develop and maintain the applications used by the company to detect fraudulent behaviour.
- To liaise with all departments on issues of reporting requirements, data analysis, business process and operational issues relating to Fraud.
- Achieve an innovation approach to fraud analysis which drives the business forward in detecting new fraud patterns.
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times (including TCF).
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Solid experience of a statistical role within the personal lines insurance industry, preferable motor insurance.
- Solid experience of SAS, and ideally Fraud Framework, DI Studio, Data Flux and Enterprise Miner.
- Advanced level use of MS Office applications
- Excellent SAS / SQL programming skills
- Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
- Good numerical skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to present complex concepts at a level appropriate for the audience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving problems
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Visual Basic development
- Problem solving skills and ability to think creatively to overcome data challenges
- Good working knowledge of Oracle 11g.
- Good understanding of the Linux Operating System.
- Knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF)
- Degree level or above in a Statistical or Mathematical Science or Information Technology
- Logical thinker with solid reasoning ability
- Commercially focussed
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An organised and pro-active approach
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company Values
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- Strives to drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
- Team player
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, apply now!