Due to growth in our Intelligence Team we have a requirement for a Fraud Team Leader (SIU) for our Haywards Heath office.
You'll supervise a team of intelligence analysts to ensure all claims and policies are investigated in accordance with company procedure and policies and an effective intelligence model is embedded and maintained. You will also support delivery of the counter fraud services business plan through ensuring the team achieve their objectives and SLAs.
- Ensure delivery of the counter fraud services business plan and Intelligence targets
- Provide regular reports to the Intelligence Manager on the status of KPIs and SLAs
- Assist the team with any queries and handle the more complex requests where appropriate
- Responsible for conducting staff management duties including:
- Conducting regular reviews to check the accuracy and quality of employees’ work
- Delivering coaching and feedback to the team to achieve KPIs and SLAs, and conducting regular performance reviews and 1-2-1s; including probationary reviews and annual appraisals
- Deal with all employee issues including monitoring absence and conducting disciplinaries
- Assist the recruitment process
- Assist with the training of new recruits, or re-training of current employees when required
- Have input into and manage departmental procedures specifically in relation to claims fraud investigations and intelligence, and drive improvements in processes, procedures and systems
- Ensure all intelligence received is accurately recorded, correctly and professionally processed, to ensure maximum adherence to data security
- Ensure all received intelligence is up loaded to appropriate counter fraud systems, in a timely manner, to prevent identified entities from insuring with 1ST CENTRAL.
- Act as a witness on behalf of the company when requested by the police, potentially attending court in other parts of the country and being cross examined by the prosecution, sometimes in the presence of a jury.
- Ensure all Fraud Intelligence analysts are compliant with TCF principles when liaising with customers and handling queries, and ensure own personal compliance with TCF principles
- To work closely with other Counter Fraud Services teams and departments to ensure consistency and best practice
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Job Specific Competencies:
- Extensive claims fraud investigation experience
- Experience of managing an intelligence team
- Solid experience of auditing
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to motivate employees in a high-pressured environment
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong customer service skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate
- Commercially focused
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- An organised and proactive approach
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Confident in presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Strives to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
Fantastic training and development opportunities
Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
A health cash plan
Help with travel expenses
The opportunity to buy additional holiday
Company pension scheme
Group life assurance
Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
For further information on what we can offer and to learn more about this role, feel free to contact our dedicated Recruitment team.