We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Third Party team as a Third Party Claims Team Leader based in Salford Quays, Manchester!
You'll provide leadership and motivational direction to a team of Claims Negotiators ensuring that procedures are followed and they carry out their duties efficiently to ensure all claims are resolved within a reasonable time period and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
To create an atmosphere of professionalism and behaviours attributed to the company values amongst employees.
As well as our award-winning motor insurance broker, 1ST CENTRAL, which has successfully built a customer base of over 1 million. We grew our talent in 2020 by 41% and we’re still looking to grow and develop further.
So, if you fancy a new career in a fast-paced and dynamic workplace? This could be your lucky day!
- Monitor negotiators performance to ensure they are following Company policies and procedures at all times and are compliant with FCA regulations (including TCF principles).
- Set targets for agents and provide coaching and mentoring to achieve KPI’s and Behaviour Targets.
- Conduct regular performance reviews, including probationary reviews and annual appraisals and gauge and assign negotiator positions against the framework.
- Deal with all employee issues including monitoring absence, supporting the disciplinary process, and resolving employee issues with support from the Claims Operations Managers and HR when required.
- Assist the recruitment process including assisting with the interviewing and training of new recruits, or re-training of current employees when required
- Assist and support the departmental resource planning team with employee shifts and working patterns to ensure optimal staffing levels and manage the workload of the team.
- Provide the team with feedback on company performance and ensure they are kept up to date with all changes in products, price and underwriting changes
- Support negotiators in dealing with customer objections and resolving and logging complaints appropriately to avoid complaints escalation when appropriate.
- Support Resource Planning by observing real-time telephony system and claims campaigns to ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are achieved
- To work closely with other teams and departments to ensure consistency and best practice
- To be compliant with health and safety policies at all times
- To ensure all work is carried out to a high level of accuracy and ensure compliance with all company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times (including TCF)
- Encourage and drive a reduction in ACPC ensuring Claims Management Team is kept up to date with relevant data.
- Lead your team in embedding “simply driven” into our Claims service
- Actively manage all costs within the team, both operational and claims indemnity driven on a pragmatic and commercial basis
- Ensure that all claims files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Experience & knowledge
- Experience of meeting KPI’s and SLA’s within a regulated environment
- Extensive motor claims experience at a senior level managing a team
- Experience of claims reporting management of average cost per claim.
- Solid experience of auditing claims files
- Knowledge of FCA requirements
- Solid understanding of all aspects of motor claims handling, including Third Party Property Damage and Credit Hire.
- Excellent knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) and the regulatory framework relating to claims
- Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations delivery
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong leadership and management skills, and ability to motivate employees in a high pressurised environment
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Great customer service skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong IT and software skills
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Embrace, embed and incorporate the Company Values
- An organised and proactive approach
- Takes initiative to make decisions
- A flexible approach and positive attitude
- Approachable and keen to help others
- Confident in presenting complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy
- Strives to deliver performance targets and drive business improvements to contribute to the success of the business
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.