Experienced Office Manager
AT THRESHOLD WE BELIEVE THAT MORE IS IN YOU
Our Purpose is to help people realise their potential through world-class events.
We do this by:
• Supporting individuals to go beyond what they feel is possible
• Showing clients how they can fulfil their potential as responsible businesses
• Enabling charities to maximise their fundraising and supporter engagement
• Inspiring our employees to be the best versions of themselves
In 2021, our team navigated covid-19 regulations to successfully deliver more than 20 mass participant events, all over the UK, helping over 35,000 people realise what they are capable of. In the process, these events raised over £16m for charity. Furthermore, we expanded our portfolio with the acquisition of the award-winning Endure24 running series. It was a hard year, but when we are massively proud of.
In 2022 we are set for our biggest ever year and will be working with some of the most successful companies and charities in the country to show once again that More Is In You™.
We’re looking for a new member to join our team.
To support our talented team to deliver to the best of their ability, we are looking to recruit a highly organized, superhero Office Manager who can take responsibility for the smooth running of our business administration.
This has always been a key role within the business as you will be the oil to the Threshold engine ensuring everyone has what they need to excel in their roles. It’s a unique mix of administrative efficiency and personal relationships which promises a fantastic experience for the right candidate. You will be reporting into the Chief Client Officer with exposure to the full working of the business.
The spec below is wide-ranging. Alongside the core administrative requirement you will provide support on HR, Finance and Health and Wellbeing. However, we don’t expect one person to deliver all of it. We are looking for the right person who excels in several of the areas, and we would then bring in resources internally or externally on those that need additional support.
Ideally, this is someone who has previous experience in a similar role, is used to handling sensitive information at a senior level and is keen to get stuck into all aspects of Thresholdian life.
If you are interested, then read on for a quick snapshot of what life is like here and we’ll take it from there…
THINK IT MIGHT BE THE PLACE FOR YOU? THIS IS THE JOB ON OFFER.
We’ll be asking you to do this with the support of the team around you
Office management tasks
- Being the face of Threshold, welcoming all guests into the Threshold office in a friendly manner
- Being the supremely organised point person for the smooth running of our business including managing our landlord, cleaners, IT, phones, post, licences, insurance, stationery, keeping our office smart and tidy and making sure all equipment is in good condition, usable and available.
- Manage the Threshold inbox and phone lines
- Responsibility for all P&L updates on office management expenditure
HR management tasks
- Manage payroll and associated benefits, such as private healthcare, pensions, travel insurance, maternity and paternity leav e pay, cycle to work and 5/10yr rewards for all employees
- Support with our recruitment, including checking job specs and posting them live, managing candidates through our recruitment process, advising teams on progress and closing jobs once filled
- Lead the onboarding and induction process for new team members, including preparation of contracts
- Ensuring all staff are using Timetastic, TOIL and Harvest systems correctly
People Engagement tasks
- Supporting in the delivery of our training calendar, diarising modules and advising trainers
- Supporting the Health and wellbeing team on delivering health and wellbeing activities for our employees, such as lunches, sports on the beach, book clubs, giving out spot prizes, supporting with our health and wellbeing newsletter
- Responsibility for all budget reporting
- Collect and report on Employee engagement survey results providing recommendations
- Support with finance incl loading and processing supplier invoices on Xero, reconciliations and payments It will help if you enjoy the following:
- Working in a fast paced environment supporting a highly driven and focused team
- Being highly organised and priding yourself with exemplary attention to detail and discretion
These skills will also be useful
- Problem solver and to be able to quickly troubleshoot, multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Competent with Xero
- Experience in HR administration
We don’t expect you to fulfil every one of these criteria. We look for people with potential and a passion for what we do and work together to make roles that fit the candidate.
The Package & Other Great Stuff
SALARY: £27k to £32k per annum
BONUSES: Potential for performance and company-related bonuses
HOLIDAY: 28 days (inc. bank holidays) plus time off between Christmas and New Year
PENSION: 5% employer contribution
FLEXIBLE HOURS: 9-5 pm core hours with option of early or late starts
TERM: Full-time contract, 5 days per week but open to suggestions subject to personal circumstance
LOCATION: Primarily Brighton office based with potential for some remote working
START DATE: January 2022
WE LIKE TO KEEP PEOPLE HEALTHY
• 1 additional day off for every weekend day worked on an event
• Vitality Healthcare which includes:
• Discounted Apple Watch or free Amazon Prime if you keep active regularly
• 50% off a pair of trainers every year and free annual health checks
• Subsidised gym membership, free coffees and cinema tickets
• £250 challenge fund each year to put towards a challenge of your choosing
• Free entry into Threshold events (exc. RAB) and discounts for friends and family
• Free boot camps, Pilates, Yoga and afternoon energisers led by other Thresholdians
• Flexible time during the day to exercise or take time out
• Option to buy additional holiday at a discounted rate
• Free fruit and other treats in the office (and a well-stocked free bar)
WE LIKE BEING SOCIAL
• Annual summer camping trip (fully funded)
• Annual 3-day business planning and celebration trip (fully funded)
• Programme of activity throughout the year from pottery painting to more active pursuits
• Regular catch-ups in the pub to put the world to rights
• Fun, welcoming and lively environment in a bright and social office
WE LIKE TO KEEP LEARNING
- Training from the best in the industry by working with an award winning team
- Internal training sessions e g sales techniques, presentation, negotiation
WE LIKE TO GIVE BACK
- 5yr & 10yr long service rewards with additional annual leave and adventure funding
- Match Funding of up to £100 for any fundraising challenges you take on
- Volunteering days available each year upon request
WE WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU
The recruitment process is a 3-parter. You are interviewing us as much as we are you and we will cover the important stuff, but also dig into the interesting stuff:
1. The written work: Submit an up to date CV (yours ideally) and a cover letter about why you think you would be the ideal candidate for the job
2. An initial interview: We will then want to chat in person, online or on the phone to see if we think you would thrive at Threshold
3. The final test: If you make it through this far we’ll ask you to complete a task relevant to your role and come in to present it. We will also get you to meet a range of the team from senior and junior levels. Come armed with questions for us as well.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter of why you would be suitable for the role via the link in this advert