Salary: £23,100 per year
Type: Full time, permanent role - 35 hours per week
Start date: March 2022
Shifts: between 8am - 9pm Mon-Fri and 1 in 4 weekends
Location: Brighton office based with hybrid working (every other week in office once graduated through our training scheme)
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Now the role:
As a Customer Service Consultant you’ll be the first point of contact for our customers. People call for a variety of reasons from sprained ankles to life threatening Illnesses and you’ll need to treat each call with the same level of care and compassion as the last. It can be challenging at times. Day to day you’ll authorise or decline treatment in line with policy coverage and it takes a special mix of empathy and resilience to succeed but it’s also incredibly rewarding, helping people at a time when need when they need it most.
At Bupa Global we believe in helping people unlock their potential. So, if you can bring us the skills we’re looking for then we can offer you an environment where you’ll not only grow, but thrive. With structured training and development plans we’ll offer you clear progression routes to build your skills as a coach or a manager, or support you specialise and take a side step into some of our other customer service teams. Helping you grow your career at a company that’s all about its people.
Once you’ve completed your induction, training and are competent in your role you'll also benefit from hybrid working, only needing to go into the office every other week. Giving you the freedom to work from home and maintain a great work life balance. However if you’d like to come into the office more often, that’s fine too!
What you’ll do:
- Support customer enquiries through both inbound and outbound calls, ensuring each customer has a great experience whether it’s the first call of the day or the last
- Pre-authorise or decline treatment in line with Bupa policy coverage, responding with empathy at all times
- Accurately maintain our customer database, ensuring all conversations and outcomes are recorded
- Maintain high professional standards at all times and abide by all regulatory requirements
What you’ll bring:
Our customer service colleagues come from all walks of life with varying levels of experience. No matter our age, background or history we all believe in providing great customer service and have a passion for helping others. Some of the skills you’ll need to succeed as a Customer Service Adviser are:
- Great listening and communication skills with the ability to respond with empathy
- A mix of flexibility and resilience to deal with a variety of enquiries
- Confidence using a PC and the ability to multitask though we have a range of support tools designed to help you on the phone with customers.
- An enthusiastic, positive attitude with a real desire to help others
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Bupa Global is the international health insurance division of Bupa. We provide customers who want premium international coverage with products and services to access the healthcare they need anytime, anywhere in the world, whether at home or when studying, living, travelling or working abroad.
Bupa Global has offices around the world including London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Dubai (UAE, in partnership with OIC), and Hong Kong (China) as well as regional offices in mainland China, Singapore, Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Brazil, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador.
What you get:
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Customer Service Adviser you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Discounted access to Gympass, a flexible, monthly subscription service with live classes, fitness apps and 1-21 sessions
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Access to a season ticket loan for public transport
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.