Stop.Breathe.Think is a game changing mental health service for young people. The Head of Stop.Breathe.Think will lead and manage this programme nationally to ensure that vital support is provided to those most in need across the UK.
Stop.Breathe.Think provides young people, aged 8- 21 years, with access to free online 1-1 counselling sessions with one of our professional counsellors, selected for their expertise in specific areas to best support each young person. There are no wait times, no barriers to entry and the service is available nationally. Stop.Breathe.Think provides vital support to those who need it right now. We could find no other service like it nationally.
Our vision to give every young person who needs support access to someone to talk to within 24 hours of getting in touch. You can find our more on our service here: https://www.stopbreathethink.org.uk/
Our counsellors join us through JHD Counselling Services Limited.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you are right for this role by using the Job Description & Personal Specification below to email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Monday 6th June 2022.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 21st June 2022 at the Switch180 Head Office in Hove, BN3 5LP
Key duties and responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of Stop.Breathe.Think (SBT). This includes:
- Regular communication with our administration team, which includes 2 administrators currently.
- Attend weekly administration meetings with JHD, which includes our 2 administrators and the JHD Counsellor Manager.
- Attend regular meetings with Safeguarding Leads at JHD Counselling. The Head of SBT will be notified of any safeguarding incidents as they happen.
- Run monthly meetings with JHD’s Senior Management and Switch180’s Senior Management Teams, presenting updates on the service.
- Provide help, support and guidance and ensure clear communication between JHD and SBT as the service grows.
- Work closely with the JHD Counsellor Manager to ensure there are enough suitable counsellors to meet demand as the service grows and ensure all due diligence and data input adhered to.
- Ensure the SLA that is in place between Switch180 and JHD Counselling is being followed.
- Be the central point of contact through the website for SBT for parents, young people and organisations.
Many organisations across the UK refer young people to us for support. The Head of SBT will need to manage all communication with these organisations (apart from organising counselling sessions which is between the counsellor and the young person). We plan to significantly grow this side of our work and the Head of SBT will need to manage these partnerships, tasks will include:
- Build strong partnerships with organisations currently accessing SBT, to be their main contact if they wish to increase places.
- Grow new partnerships strategically with organisations to build bespoke SBT packages and management of these.
- This is achieved by setting up Service Level Agreements for those who wish to work with us further over the 10 free funded places we provide to new organisations accessing SBT.
As part of the SLA process:
- Provide onboarding, set up and support to organisations wanting to access the SBT service
- Provide data and clinical insight reports on young people accessing the service
- Provide marketing materials to help them promote the service to their staff and young people
Electronic Patient Record (EPR) database
- Manage our Iaptus EPR and support JHD counsellors, providing training to new counsellors joining the team. It is cloud-based, customised to SBT patient pathways, and can be accessed remotely from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Ensure that counsellors and administrators are inputting all the required data.
- Liase with our Iaptus Account Manager if any issues arise.
- Use Iaptus to download regular reports to measure impact of the SBT service to share with JHD’s and Switch180’s senior management teams and partner organisations.
- Support Development Director as required providing stats, outcomes and impact reports to support funding bids.
- Support the Head of Marketing with creating marketing resources to promote the service to young people, parents and organisations.
- Working with the Digital Manager on social media campaigns promoting SBT to young people, parents and organisations.
- Deliver in person talks to organisations directly or their young people.
- Be the first point of contact for anything related Stop.Breathe.Think
- A passion and desire to support young people
- A qualification of at least Level 3 Counselling Skills
- At least 3 years counselling experience, ideally with young people
- Entrepreneurial outlook – the ability to grow the programme and develop new partnerships
- A registered member of either BACP/ UKCP
- Enhanced DBS check (Switch180 will process this)
- Well-developed communication and listening skills
- A commitment to equal opportunities and safeguarding
- To understand and adhere to all policies and procedures concerning the Safeguarding of young people
- The ability to enthuse others, to encourage, build confidence and enable others to fulfil their potential. Good interpersonal skills are essential and excellent communication, listening and presentation skills will also be key
- Sound knowledge of MS Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in building, developing and maintaining partnerships with companies, schools and authorities
- Experience of managing contracts and service level agreements
- Experience in a Safeguarding Lead role
Management and Support
The Head of Stop.Breathe.Think will report to Lara Kinnear, Operations Director.
The Trustees will determine the overall direction of the Stop.Breathe.Think Service and will set the overall priorities in consultation with the Director and Operations Director.
Switch180 aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
Conditions of Service
Switch180 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced criminal record check under the arrangements established by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and two satisfactory references.