We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group (First Central for short), an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Do you have claims experience to include handling personal injury claims? Do you enjoy negotiating and managing each claim to a conclusion and a confident user of the Official Injury Claims portal or similar system? Well look no further! We’re on the lookout for experienced Personal Injury Negotiators to join our growing organisation in Salford Quays, Manchester and Haywards Heath, West Sussex!
In return for working with us we will offer you:
- Generous competitive starting salary plus fantastic benefits
- Home working opportunity 3 days a week following training and passing probation
- Increased salary on completion of our progression level matrix
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm – Flexibility available
- A fun, energetic and lively working environment
We’re First Central Insurance & Technology Group, an award-winning, innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services. In 2021, we grew our talent by filling 663 roles, 129 of which were internal promotions, and we’re still looking to grow and develop further here at First Central!
Your role as a Personal Injury Negotiator will be to proactively manage a portfolio of personal injury claims, across all jurisdictions, in an efficient and effective manner from outset to conclusion, complying with all appropriate regulations, legislation and policy guidelines.
- Proactively manage claims within personal authority of £7,500 per claimant with no more than a global bodily injury reserve of £30,000 (or £15,000) per claim
- Validate policy indemnity for each claim, ensuring that the correct insurer status applied
- Manage and negotiate a limited caseload of development files on referral to mentor or Senior Technical Claims Negotiator
- Manage Third Party Property Damage (TPPD), including credit hire claims, in accordance with FCIM’s procedural requirements and own authority limits of £10,000 per TPPD
- Process claim payments in accordance with personal authority
- To ensure all claims handled hold case specific reserves and that First Central Insurance Management’s (FCIM) reserving philosophy is adhered to on each claim.
- Be responsible for personal development requirements in specialist area, by attending all training sessions to ensure understanding of technical issues
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and corporate policies and requirements (including “Treating Customers Fairly” principles)
- Proactively manage all incoming correspondence using telephone, e-mail and letter
- Proactively manage incoming telephone calls
- Manage claim costs within personal allocation by achieving most economical settlement, through good quantum arguments and effective negotiation adhering to the use of all tools
- Identify potential fraudulent claims and action in accordance with FCIM’s guidelines
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Ensure that all expressions of dissatisfaction are registered in accordance with FCIM’s complaint procedure
- Ensure that the prompt referral of all claims outside personal authority limits to a Senior Technical Claims Negotiator or the Technical Claims Team Leader
- Achieve all personal objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Identify and pursue all potential recoveries from the relevant parties
- Any other reasonable duties, including general claims tasks as required
Experience & knowledge:
- Strong motor claims experience working within a bodily injury claims environment
- Experience handling claims within an OIC (Official Injury Claims) Portal or similar
- Proven track record in personal injury claim handling, including dealing with personal injury claims within and out with the RTA Portal
- Technical expertise with exposure to third party claims including credit hire and liability
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of regulatory framework relating to Motor Claims Understanding of the main principles of English Law as it applies in the technical motor claims and legal field
- Previous knowledge of FCA requirements (including TCF) and the regulatory framework relating to Motor claims
- Understanding of all aspects of motor claims, to include credit hire and potential fraud
- To be conversant with the all sections of Pre-Action Protocol for Low Value Personal Injury Claims, Civil Procedure Rules and the Road Traffic Act (RTA)
- Understanding of the RTA and Article 75 status within Motor Claims
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong customer service skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate
- Supportive, enthusiastic team player
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide a weekly free fruit delivery, discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.