Job Title: Compliance Auditor
Job Location: UK - Crawley - West Sussex
Job ID: IMS20221304-80536
About the role:
The Safety and Security team are a small but dynamic and forward thinking department covering the functions of regulatory compliance, flight safety, security, immigration, health and safety and sustainability. We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible individual to join our team as an aviation Compliance Auditor. Working with the functional managers within the team you will have the opportunity to travel globally and conduct regulatory oversight tasks as defined by the published internal audit programs or to support the needs of the business. We audit in the areas of ab-initio flight training, airline training, flight simulation, fuel, aircraft maintenance and other third party provision.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
As a compliance auditor, you will be responsible to the Head of Regulatory Compliance and Immigration for the following:
- Monitoring compliance standards and processes associated with the conduct of all training programs in compliance with training Manuals, all approvals, certifications, instructions and regulations applicable to L3Harris CTS.
- Administering the Compliance Monitoring Program via Centrik
- Reporting any major deficiencies in training activities or in the supporting operational and administrative functions.
- Administering updates to the Compliance Monitoring Manual and any supporting policies or procedures.
- Conducting audits within the audit programme(s)
- Processing and investigating ad-hoc non-compliances reported outside of normal audit activity
- Scheduling and administering compliance management review board meetings
- Administering the corrective action programme:
- By ensuring the corrective actions contain the necessary elements
- Providing management with an independent assessment of corrective action, implementation and completion
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the corrective action programme
- The timely follow-up and satisfactory closing of audits
- Supporting customer airline and third country regulator inspections
- Acting as the direct liaison with the Head of Regulatory Compliance and Director of Safety and Security on all functional matters relating to Compliance
- Supporting liaison activity with the primary Competent Authorities and Third Country Regulators on issues relating directly to regulatory requirements for Compliance Monitoring Systems
- Maintaining and developing own knowledge and expertise, sufficient to conduct and supervise audits effectively and efficiently
- Conducting audits of contractors and sub-contractors appointed by L3Harris CTS
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years in the Aviation Industry (Civil or military)
- Qualified aviation auditor / Lead auditor (or equivalent relevant time experience within industry)
- Experienced use of Centrik Safety Management System Software (or equivalent)
- High level of attention to detail and administrative capability
- A basic understanding of the EASA regulatory framework [and equivalent UK CAA]
- MS Office Programmes,
- Centrik Safety Management System Software.
- SAP / Oracle
Please note: L3harris Commercial Aviation do not provide a visa sponsorship for this role. All candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered.