Hours: Full Time
Location: Hybrid remote working with 2 days per week in our VHQ Crawley, West Sussex - speak to us about what flexibility looks like for you.
Closing Date: Tuesday 12th July 2022
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we’re just as passionate as we’ve always been about becoming the most loved travel company. One thing we know for sure – this last year has shown that when we combine our brand with the power of amazing people, we make something truly magical.
Taking ownership over one or more assigned Data Domain(s) and owning the Data Product Roadmap, backlog and its prioritisation for one or more assigned business area(s), this role is a key part of our journey to use our data as a true asset.
You will support the Senior Manager – Data Product in maintaining the overall Data Product Roadmap for Virgin Atlantic and use your product management skills to effectively communicate with stakeholders and collaborate with internal and third-party development teams.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as a Product Manager – Data Strategy are:
• Working with stakeholders in the business area(s) assigned to create and evolve a suite of data driven products, prioritising the delivery of their features, and effectively communicating their benefits and progress
• Develop and maintain a defined data domain including Data Catalogues and Data Quality metrics, keeping track of what goes in, how its processed and how it’s presented, taking actions to improve user adoption.
• Act as a backlog owner for one or more Enterprise Data delivery team(s), defining scope and expected outcomes align to our strategic goals.
• Effective collaboration with wider Data Management Team to calibrate overall Data Product Roadmap for the Enterprise
• Leading the creation, prioritisation, and communication of the Data Product Roadmap and Strategy for a defined area of the business.
Are you an experienced Product Manager with a passion for Data?
Do you want to be part of an exciting new chapter, reimaging how Virgin Atlantic thinks about its data as a product?
Are you a natural challenger and a motivated self-starter, who has a track record of successfully working across multiple programmes, crafting (data driven) product innovation and solutions?
To achieve incredible things in this role, relationship building is going to be fundamental.
In addition to the above, we’re looking for our successful Product Manager – Data Strategy to demonstrate the following:
• Relevant qualification in an analytical discipline coupled with experience in a Product Management role (extra brownie points if that’s with a Data focus)
• Previous experience of working in Product Management, Data Product, Business Analysis or a Project Management related position working across multiple programmes and managing stakeholder’s expectations
• Previous experience creating, leading, and imbedding a Strategy that has helped improve customer experience or improved Business processes
• High level understanding of data management capabilities; Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Operational Research, Data Science and Data Governance
If this sounds like you, and you would like to unlock your full potential with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey.