Hours: Monday-Friday 37.5hrs
Location: The VHQ, Crawley (hybrid working, 2-3 days in the office per week)
Contract: 18 month Fixed Term Contract/Secondment
Closing Date: Tuesday, 12 July 2022
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
As our Accounts Receivable Analyst, you will be responsible for the ongoing offshore team training and coaching to support the ongoing improved customer service.
This role will cover, receivables across the Virgin Atlantic group, with specific focus on Cargo. Resolving and dealing with highly complex process issues, ensuring appropriate procedural documentation is produced to continuously improve the service and avoiding financial risk.
Day to day
• Ensure process issues are resolved and procedurally documented.
• Timely collection of aged debtors to protect cash flow, in line with agreed critical metrics.
• Responsible for handling groups of debtors, to ensure efficient and effective service delivery. To act as a partner to the business and key customers to ensure that relevant policies are followed.
• As an SME, become key point of contact for critical issues both from customers and the wider business.
• Coaching Offshore team, ensuring that ongoing procedural changes are implemented in a timely manner and team are confident in the delivery.
• Review existing processes done both on and offshore; propose improvements to optimise efficiencies and streamline across the VAL Group. Identify any system issues and raise change requests / incidents where appropriate and managing to completion including UAT and implementation of changes.
• Provide ad hoc project support and involvement in Working Capital wide tasks where required.
Are you comfortable juggling multiple plates at once, often to conflicting priorities?
In addition to the above, we are looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Experience of billing systems i.e. Oracle, TBX desirable
• Knowledge of Order to Cash process
• Experience working in a busy receivable environment
• Numerical and methodically minded, with high levels of attention to detail
• Effective communication skills, both written and spoken
• Confident communicating with all levels across the business
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values