Head of Young People Services (Sussex)
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic professional with experience of managing young people’s programmes and a good understanding of the lives and needs of young people with SEND and their families, especially around preparing for adulthood.
The role will lead our young people’s work and be part of the Senior Leadership Team at Amaze. You will manage the existing staff and volunteer team and work with them to grow and develop Amazing Futures across Sussex, ensuring excellent delivery standards, co-production with young people and sustainability of the service into the future. You need to be an excellent communicator, who can engage with all sorts of people, and above all, keen to make a difference in young people’s lives.
Amaze is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe having a diverse workforce at all levels allows us to represent the communities we serve.
- We want to employ staff who have Lived Experience of SEND – yourself and/or as a parent/carer of a child, young person, or adult, with SEND
- We particularly welcome applicants from Black Asian and minoritised ethnic communities
About the role
- 24 hours per week, to be worked flexibly
- £33,333- £35,445 p.a. pro-rata equivalent to NJC Spinal Point 31-33
- Two years fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension
- Working out of Amaze’s Eastbourne and Brighton offices, with some homeworking, with travel all over East Sussex
Amaze is a highly regarded Sussex-based charity that supports families with children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Amazing Futures is our service for young people with SEND aged 14-25 which includes social groups, peer support, careers advice, coaching and casework around education, health and care.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 24 August
Please save Thursday 8 September for interviews in person in Brighton.
You are warmly encouraged to contact us for an information discussion about the role – call 01273 234020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.