Head of Loyalty
Hours: Full Time
Location: Hybrid remote working with 2-3 days per week in our VHQ Crawley, West Sussex - speak to us about what flexibility looks like for you.
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th October 2022
Many of our people at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It’s in our DNA to redefine the market and lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing innovative approaches to the industry, and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on issues of sustainability, people or our communities. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
The custodian of the Virgin Atlantic Loyalty offering, the role is to set the vision, articulate the strategy, and deliver outcomes across all channels and touchpoints. Driving forwards our strategic ambitions and growth for our Flying Club participation, revenue, brand affinity, and NPS in parallel.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Head of Loyalty will be:
• Using customer insight, challenge the enterprise to innovate and reshape our loyalty touchpoints to anticipate and exceed future customer requirements in a digital first era.
• Create a model which drives lifetime value and engagement. Driving acquisition and ensuring retention/recognition of our most valuable customers – both leisure and business.
• Connect our Loyalty experience to our brand promise and attain a detailed understanding of deliverability. Thereby creating multiple levers to drive participation and loyalty that are stretching but ultimately achievable.
• Lead our partnership relationships to reap the benefits, as well as accountability for loyalty with key partners such as Virgin Red and Mastercard
• Be the business owner for loyalty operations. Including shaping the communications, email deployment and calendar of activity to our Flying Club base, ensuring aligning with our data and segmentation ambitions and outputs.
• Be a trailblazer for cross-functional working within the leadership group. Showing how coordinating Loyalty product development and strategy with key collaborators across other key functions creates a whole greater than the sum of its parts, influencing and persuading, whilst staying provocative and independent-minded.
Are you a passionate leader in loyalty? Would you love to bring your creative flair to life in your career?
In addition to the above, we’d love for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• A balanced combination of senior commercial and customer-focused loyalty and lifecycle management experience. Including strategic level influencing c-suite level audiences, steering large-scale, multi-stakeholder projects as the business/product owner
• Specialist in creating and delivering new strategies, involving business model innovation and reframing detailed customer-facing/propositional challenges at a top-of-enterprise level
• Experience in delivering digital innovation and improvements connected to an intricate multi-step journey
• Detailed familiarity with airline, hospitality or leisure loyalty, loyalty economics, & broader membership propositions. With the skills to use this to deliver lifetime value in combination with CRM, segmentation, NBA/NBO methodology
• Proficient in leading strategic external partnerships, governed by commercial terms. Using governance and goal setting to deliver agreed outcomes that provide mutual benefit
• Validated Commercial and strategic ambition in leading teams and multi-stakeholder interventions that drive revenue as well as NPS and experience
• Experience in Hospitality, Leisure or Travel industries is highly desirable
If this sounds like you, and you would like to unlock your potential with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values