Hours: Full Time
Location: Hybrid remote working with 2 days per week in our VHQ Crawley, West Sussex - speak to us about what flexibility looks like for you.
Closing Date: Tuesday 18th October 2022
Many of our people at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
It’s in our DNA to disrupt the market and lead the way with fresh ideas. Bringing innovative approaches to the industry, and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on issues of sustainability, people or our communities. So, if you’re ready to take your career to new heights, read on.
To achieve our ambitions to inspire and acquire millions more customers to fly Virgin Atlantic time and time again, our website should truly represent our brand and our values. We have an opportunity to build our brand power through a content strategy for the website that works alongside our digital marketing and social media channels, anchoring our brand above the funnel to entice and inspire new and existing customers, and throughout the customer journey to drive acquisition and loyalty.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities as our Brand Content Manager will be:
• Own and deliver the brand content strategy. Working closely with multiple teams your strategy will shape how we bring our brand to life through imagery, copy and video throughout the booking flow, amplifying the Virgin Atlantic brand as a trusted inspiring leader.
• You will own cross-matrix multi-channel strategy development and planning, partnering with other digital channel owners, to ensure our brand is presented consistently.
• Co-own a running 12-month content calendar, mapping out key brand, commercial and trading points of the year, with regular updates to capture new initiatives and market trends.
• In partnership with the Creative Design team and strategic partner agencies, you will be responsible for brand content development and integrated cross-channel content briefs. You will bring to life our brand, product, destinations and key campaigns in a uniquely Virgin Atlantic way, and build a bank of branded assets optimised for our channels.
• You will understand how the website functions, from journey, click mapping and engagement scores, to page speeds and heat mapping.
• Work to develop a strategy that delivers SEO-optimised content and a best-in-class browse experience that meets the needs of our customers, and to measure and demonstrate your success.
Are you passionate about brand strategy?
Do you love embracing your creative flair?
You might come from a brand strategy role or a content management position with a heavy brand focus.
In addition to the above, we’d love for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Attention to detail in a brand environment
• Deep consumer understanding and sensitivity to differing needs
• Able to analyse data to create clear and concise reports and strategies
• Strategic problem solver who loves the challenge of rapidly evaluating contending priorities
• Experienced in online marketing (e.g. PPC, Affiliates, Display, SEO)
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Can demonstrate strategic judgement and the passion to identify and develop opportunities
• Thrives under pressure whilst delivering solutions often to tight timelines
• Proactive, self-starter with the ability to work alone or as part of a group
• Intellectually curious with a passion for all things brand and content
If this sounds like you, and you would like to unlock your potential with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values