Hours: Monday-Friday 37.5hrs
Location: The VHQ, Crawley
Contract: Minimum 6 month maternity cover, with a possible extension to 12 months
Closing Date: Tuesday, 22 November 2022
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we believe that everyone can take on the world, and it's our vision to become the most loved travel company. As we embark on this next exciting stage of our journey, we’re harnessing our spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation to challenge the status quo.
Bringing new approaches to the industry and remaining a loud and proud voice for positive change - be it on sustainability issues, people, charities or our communities.
Through our community and charity initiatives, we show the world we act as a force for good. Focusing on social mobility, we bridge the equity gap with a clear focus on providing support to those who need it.
So, to support such a meaningful strategy, we're delighted to be recruiting our new Be Yourself and Community Manager for the next 6 months. Ready to play a pivotal part in our vision, leading the delivery of Virgin Atlantic's Community objectives and the Virgin Atlantic Foundation's (VAF) charitable initiatives.
Day to day
In this role, you will:
• Design and set the overall approach, ensuring a well-rounded view across community investment, STEM, diversity and inclusion and charity support.
• Manage outstanding relationships with our charitable partnerships
• Prepare for VAF board meetings and Charities Commission audits and act on advice and guidance to ensure a high standard of governance and compliance
• Evolve our strategy to engage all Virgin Atlantic people in Passport to Change, maximising appropriate communication channels, including direct engagement with our people.
• Work alongside talent, learning and resourcing colleagues to ensure our STEM strategy is aligned across the wider People team and act as SME on STEM to ensure a coherent and consistent approach.
• Build strong relationships with people across every area of Virgin Atlantic to identify both mentors, ambassadors, and a network of community investment champions, both of which will be crucial to the successful attainment of our goals.
• Develop and lead all aspects of the work of the team and the personal development of individuals within it.
• Role model for our People Leadership qualities, operating as an inclusive people leader driving high performance through your team deliverables.
• Effectively manage the budget allocated to the Team in support of the Be Yourself agenda.
Are you curious by nature, who seeks self-learning & confidence to challenge the status quo – speaking up for what is wrong, needs to change, what is right and fair?
In addition to the above, we're looking for our successful candidate to demonstrate the following:
• Significant experience of working in community investment and with a charity or charitable foundation
• Experience of leading fundraising and volunteer strategies
• Experience of best practice charity governance in accordance with the Charities Commission and providing expert advice for foundation Trustees
• A highly adept written communicator, able to expertly prepare engaging presentations and board packs.
• Analytical with high levels of attention to detail, confident with drawing insights from monthly data and dashboards.
• Experienced people leadership skills,
• Highly organised and adaptable with supercharged prioritisation skills, as you'll often balance highly visible conflicting priorities.
If this sounds like you and you would like to be on this exciting journey with us, we would love to hear from you!
Be yourself – Our differences make us stronger
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference, and everything that makes our colleagues unique, by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible, and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you’d like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (Recruitment@fly.virgin.com) feeling confident that we’ve got your individual considerations covered.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values