We need an experienced Data Scientist to join our Counter Fraud Services team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
This is a flexible hybrid working role with occasional visits to the office when required.
The Data Scientist will work with large amounts of data from a range of sources and in a variety of structured and unstructured formats. They will apply critical thinking to analyse and interpret data, building predictive models and machine learning algorithms to solve business challenges.
Data Scientist Job responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities across CFS where data science can add value in defining and modelling business problems and solutions.
- Own the full lifecycle of modelling projects from model design and data curation to deployment and monitoring in production
- Develop data services that include deep learning, predictive analytics and machine learning and upskill senior analysts so that we have data science capabilities across the Fraud Analytics team.
- Comply with the requirements, and act in accordance with, the Group Code of Conduct and Fitness and Propriety policies at all times.
- Ensure compliance with Company Policies, Values and guidelines and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times.
- Any other reasonable duties.
Data Scientist Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Data Scientist or in a similar role (Essential)
- Excellent SQL/SAS and Python/R skills with good understanding of best practices in software engineering and data engineering
- Extensive knowledge of Databricks
- In-depth knowledge of statistical and machine learning models: logistic regression, survival analysis, gradient boosted trees & neural networks
- Solid knowledge of statistics: hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, bootstrap
- Experience of managing a modelling project through its full lifecycle
- Experience of Fraud Detection techniques from Application to Claim Fraud
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.