Senior Project Security Officer: Thales
- Manor Royal Business District
- Crawley, West Sussex
- Closing date
- 14 Feb 2023
- Defence, Security , Technology
- Project Management, Senior
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Job title Project Security Officer
Location: Crawley (hybrid with 2-3 days from home)
Do you have experience of creating and maintaining project security management plans within the defence sector? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with full autonomy, imparting invaluable subject matter expertise across multiple projects within an organisation?
• Assisting project teams in remaining compliant with current security guidelines and legislation.
• Draft and develop Technology Control Plans and Security Procedures that ensure compliance whilst enabling effective working methods.
• Liaise with UK IS and Security teams to ensure our needs are represented in UK policy and procedures and that our understanding of such policies and procedures are properly disseminated to our teams and their working instructions.
• Conducting and/or organising security audits/assessments to test adherence to business policies and procedures.
• Work with Project Security Officers to provide summative information about the Security Aspects Letters that will help teams understand clearly the responsibilities they have and what that means for the way they work
• Providing support and guidance to the project teams for security related activities e.g. ensuring that bid packs and other media are appropriately redacted, protectively marked and their distribution managed accordingly and ensuring that specific security policies and rules (e.g. security aspects letters) are understood and observed.
• Ensuring ITAR access to controlled information assets is recorded and controlled in accordance with policy. Keep a register of the access and use security tools/reports to support monitoring of access.
• Proven experience in a project security role where you’ve created and maintained project security management plans
• Experience working in the defence sector
• Current, valid SC level security clearance
• Experience of:
HMG’s Contractual Process;
Security Policy Framework;
DEFCON 649, 658, DEFSTAN 05-138 and the Cyber Security Model;
Security Aspects Letters;
F680 and F1686 applications;
ISO 27001; and
The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification.
Core Benefits: Competitive Salary plus bonus, private healthcare, 201 hours holiday and pension plus other great benefits such as excellent maternity/paternity leave
Security Clearance statement
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. This vacancy requires full SC level Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
Thales UK is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process. We will provide reasonable adjustments and support to ensure neuro-diverse applicants or those with a disability or long-term condition can be their best during the recruitment process. To request an adjustment, if you need this job advert in an alternative format or if you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Resourcing Ops for mid to senior roles, or the Early Careers Team for graduate and apprentice roles.
Great journeys start here, apply now!
Manor Royal Business District is the biggest business park of the Gatwick Diamond area and one of the south east's premier mixed activity employment hubs.
Enviable location and connections
Situated at the heart of the Gatwick Diamond on the Sussex and Surrey county borders, just two miles from London Gatwick Airport, a major motorway junction (M23 Junctoion 10) and two mainline railway stations (Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges), Manor Royal is a popular choice for a diverse range of occupiers including a host of blue chip global brands.
Manor Royal in numbers
- One of the biggest business parks in the South East.
- Covers an area of 539 acres – that’s over 300 football pitches.
- 700 properties
- 500 businesses
- 30,000 people
Manor Royal more than a number
Since the formation of the Manor Royal Business Group (MRBG), an association of Manor Royal based business and firms, being on Manor Royal means being part of something. You’re never just a number.
Manor Royal makes sense
Scale, diversity, location and great connectivity with a property offer to match means Manor Royal based firms are never far away from their suppliers, customers and a talented workforce.
Pay us a visit
Visit www.manorroyal.org to find out more and to get in touch
- Manor Royal Business District
7 Magellan Terrace (Ground Floor)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert