Project Controller - Specialist Program Management: L3 Harris
- Manor Royal Business District
- Crawley, West Sussex
- Closing date
- 2 Mar 2023
- Aviation, Defence, Technology, Programming
- Programme Management , Project Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Project Controller - Specialist Program Management
Job Code: IMS20233001-96318
Job Location: UK – Crawley – West Sussex
Applications will only be accepted from individuals who are eligible to live and work within the UK
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidized staff restaurant
About the role:
L3Harris Training Systems play a key role on delivering the L3Harris Commercial Aviation Solutions mantra of ‘Creating Safer Skies’. From our computer-based solutions all the way to our state-of-the-art Full Flight Simulators (FFS), improving the training experiencing and creating safer skies is at the heart of everything we do. Our Fixed Training Devices (FTD) and FFS feature aircraft-specific flight decks, offering the form, fit, feel, and function of the actual aircraft. Our airline pilot training systems cover the complete training spectrum, whether its systems knowledge, procedure training or jet transition we have the solutions.
We are looking for a Project Controller to join our Programme Department to provide the management of specific project control processes in support of both the delivery of new devices and in the managing of update delivery programmes. The individual will support the Programmed Department from a schedule, risk and financial analysis perspective.
This is the ideal opportunity for an established Project Controller to progress their career to the next stage. The Projects Controller will report to our Director of Programmes. Flexibility and home working is currently available for this role
Responsible for maintaining, updating and reporting using standard project controls. Will gather information relating to performance (cost, resources and outputs), monitor and report progress against plans, identify trends, analyse and interpret data and information to ensure all data and information are accurate, contribute to regular reports. Will support the generation and review of the Integrated Business Plan in balancing resource demand/allocation across bids & contracts.
Key Technical Skills:
In line with Project Management Capabilities.
- Planning and Scheduling: Extensive skill and significant experience of defining the scope of the project and of breaking this into manageable units; work breakdown structures, control accounts and work packages. Must have knowledge and practical use of MS Project on-line or MS Project Server for Portfolio overview and the use of resource planning and status analysis. Essential to understand and be able to drive the systems architecture of MS Project Server/Online reporting and scenario planning capabilities.
- Risk & Opportunity Management: Familiar with and some practical experience in identifying, assessing, allocating and managing project risks and project opportunities
- Performance Management: Extensive skill and significant experience with a structured approach to planning, cost collection and performance measurement
- Gate Reviews: Familiar with and some practical experience of gates review to assess the health and management maturity of a project.
- Project Reviews: Familiar with and some practical experience in periodic business/ project progress reviews within a project lifecycle/monthly drumbeat including the consolidation of financial output reports.
- Stakeholder Management: Familiar with and some practical experience in identifying, analysing and planning actions to communicate, negotiate, and influence stakeholders. This includes the ability to independently interact with colleagues whilst in a hybrid working environment.
Essential skills and experience including Qualification requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Proven working experience in project management/project management controls or PMO, preferably within the Aviation or Defence industry in a company producing high value items with a blend of hardware and software specialists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft project online, excel and powerpoint
Self-motivated and able to work through complex problems with new work colleagues
Manor Royal Business District is the biggest business park of the Gatwick Diamond area and one of the south east's premier mixed activity employment hubs.
Enviable location and connections
Situated at the heart of the Gatwick Diamond on the Sussex and Surrey county borders, just two miles from London Gatwick Airport, a major motorway junction (M23 Junctoion 10) and two mainline railway stations (Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges), Manor Royal is a popular choice for a diverse range of occupiers including a host of blue chip global brands.
Manor Royal in numbers
- One of the biggest business parks in the South East.
- Covers an area of 539 acres – that’s over 300 football pitches.
- 700 properties
- 500 businesses
- 30,000 people
Manor Royal more than a number
Since the formation of the Manor Royal Business Group (MRBG), an association of Manor Royal based business and firms, being on Manor Royal means being part of something. You’re never just a number.
Manor Royal makes sense
Scale, diversity, location and great connectivity with a property offer to match means Manor Royal based firms are never far away from their suppliers, customers and a talented workforce.
Pay us a visit
Visit www.manorroyal.org to find out more and to get in touch
- Manor Royal Business District
7 Magellan Terrace (Ground Floor)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert