Business Analyst: Aerfin
- Manor Royal Business District
- Crawley, West Sussex
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Aviation, Business, Technology, IT
- Business Development , Data
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Title: Business Analyst
Location: London Gatwick or Caerphilly, South Wales
Position: Full time
AerFin is a place where great people with a passion for aviation deliver their best work.
AerFin specialises in aircraft end of life solutions, supporting our airline and MRO customer base with quality used material to reduce maintenance costs whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the aircraft you see flying today. Our portfolio of services range from Power-By-Hour packages for airlines, 24/7 AOG support from our London, US and Singapore based distribution centres, engine leasing, innovative material supply programs for MROs including our Beyond.Fleet.Services™ programme.
Over the past 5 years AerFin has experienced significant growth, achieving UK’s fastest growing company in 2017 and Europe’s fastest growing Aerospace & Defence company in 2018. With the Appointment of New investors in 2019 and a new CEO in Jan 2022 the business is now poised for an exciting phase of growth in its next chapter.
We are looking to appoint a full time Business Analyst to work closely with teams right across the business out of our London Gatwick facility or Caerphilly, South Wales.
You will be expected to develop an understanding of the current organisational situation, the business change needs, assess the business impact of those changes, capturing, analysing and documenting requirements and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with the relevant stakeholders particularly in relation to information and software systems.
You will need to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the way the organisation works and the sector it operates in, as you will be helping the organisation to develop its functions, services and products to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders.
You will also play a key role in communicating between internal departments and external parties, acting as a 'translator' where necessary to incorporate how information technology can support the organisation's needs.
The candidate must be able to work under pressure and deliver to agreed project deadline and react to ad-hoc requests as and when required.
This is an extremely rewarding role which will assist in delivering change and impact and make a significant contribution to the success of a business and the satisfaction of its employees.
AerFin are experiencing a period of significant growth, and this represents an ideal opportunity for an ambitious individual to join the fastest growing Aerospace and defence business in Europe.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain close communication with internal colleagues to understand the underlying needs of departments and the organisation as a whole;
- Work with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service/function/product provided;
- Use data modelling practices to analyse your findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes;
- Consider the opportunities and potential risks attached to proposed solutions;
- Identify and document the processes and information technology required to deliver the solutions in a format that can be shared with all stakeholders;
- Maintain adequate communication across the departments in order to ensure all are aware of the benefits of the proposed solutions and help to address any uncertainty and concern;
- Provide support to the staff and teams in implementing the recommended changes;
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
- Ensure that the requirements map to the real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meet essential quality standards.
- Any other duties as appropriate to level of experience
Person Specification & Skills:
This Business Analyst role will act as a communication bridge between IT and the business stakeholders and so the ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be tactful diplomats, problem solvers, thinkers and analysers with the ability to engage with stakeholders to understand and respond to their needs in a rapidly changing business environment.
- A strong interest in business and business development.
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk to and present to a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between parties;
- The ability to motivate others and lead change;
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within your project timeframes;
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach;
- A good understanding of information technology.
- Past IT work experience
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines following a project based approach
- Excellent knowledge of using and developing in Microsoft Applications, primarily Excel & Access.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases including Oracle.
- Developing complex queries with multiple table joins, grouping and aggregations.
- Must be able to work proactively on own or as part of a team.
- Relevant commercial experience.
- Data warehousing concepts
- BCS/ISEB or other equivalent Business Analysis qualification
- Experience developing reports using appropriate software
- Experience/knowledge of Quantum Control inventory management system
- Graduate qualification ideally in an IT related subject
Manor Royal Business District is the biggest business park of the Gatwick Diamond area and one of the south east's premier mixed activity employment hubs.
Enviable location and connections
Situated at the heart of the Gatwick Diamond on the Sussex and Surrey county borders, just two miles from London Gatwick Airport, a major motorway junction (M23 Junctoion 10) and two mainline railway stations (Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges), Manor Royal is a popular choice for a diverse range of occupiers including a host of blue chip global brands.
Manor Royal in numbers
- One of the biggest business parks in the South East.
- Covers an area of 539 acres – that’s over 300 football pitches.
- 700 properties
- 500 businesses
- 30,000 people
Manor Royal more than a number
Since the formation of the Manor Royal Business Group (MRBG), an association of Manor Royal based business and firms, being on Manor Royal means being part of something. You’re never just a number.
Manor Royal makes sense
Scale, diversity, location and great connectivity with a property offer to match means Manor Royal based firms are never far away from their suppliers, customers and a talented workforce.
Pay us a visit
Visit www.manorroyal.org to find out more and to get in touch
- Manor Royal Business District
7 Magellan Terrace (Ground Floor)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert