Events and Sponsorship Coordinator
- Sussex Chamber of Commerce
- Burgess Hill, West Sussex
- salary in the range of £20k to £23k (depending on skills and experience)
- Closing date
- 11 Apr 2023
- Hospitality & Catering, Events & Entertainment
- Administration , Business Development , Customer Service, Hospitality
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Events and Sponsorship Coordinator
Based in Burgess Hill, Sussex, offering a salary in the range of £20k to £23k (depending on skills and experience).
We have a vacancy for a customer focused individual who wants to join our team to provide high level administrative services, sponsorship opportunities and relationship management, specifically for business events, to add value to our membership and the business community.
• Deliver excellent customer service and provide a high-level of administrative service.
• Organise our events programme liaising and building relationships with venues, speakers, businesses, and other providers.
• Delivery of successful sponsorship opportunities
• Attending events as and when required
• To provide day to day administration and processing of the event programme ensuring quality is maintained.
• Engage with business clients in a professional manner via telephone, email, promoting the Chamber brand and services.
• To assist with and deliver quality programmes to required specifications, as well as partner events (i.e. British Chambers of Commerce) as required.
• To strive for continuous improvement and be innovative in the use of resources.
• Work closely with the Head of Membership to secure event sponsorship.
• Assist in developing and executing a comprehensive, multi-channel sponsorship strategy by phone calls, emails and in-person meetings.
• To work with the Head of Membership and indirectly with Exec Team to source interesting and informative speakers, venues, and event ideas
• To liaise with venues regarding planning, organisation, and cost of events.
• To ensure in-house CRM system is kept fully up to date with events programme, as well as the Events folders.
• To prepare all pre-event administration i.e. preparation of badges, delegate lists, feedback forms etc and information required for the event.
• To attend business Sussex Chamber events and external events and expos as and when required.
• To assist and manage diaries, write agendas, take notes at Forum Steering Group meetings.
• Ensure all monies are received prior to any event taking place.
• Gather feedback forms and testimonials and provide analysis.
• Any other duties as required within the scope of the role or as assigned by the Executive Team.
• Strong planning and organisational skills, and a demonstrable experience of multi-tasking and prioritising work to fit with tight deadlines.
• 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role with events administrative and coordinator background. (Desirable but not essential)
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to work on own initiative.
• A hard-working attitude and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
• Experience of working in a membership organisation (Desirable but not essential)
Key Skills Required:
• Customer service experience.
• Sales experience (Desirable but not essential)
• Microsoft proficiency: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
• In-house SageCRM system (training will be provided).
• Demonstrate an excellent telephone manner.
• Good organisational abilities.
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written
• Strong completer/finisher skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must be able to deal confidentially at all levels, with sensitive material.
• Must be capable of working independently, but also an effective team player and enthusiastic collaborator in a cross-functional environment.
• Driving licence (Desirable but not essential)
This role may involve attendance at events and meetings (some of which may be outside normal working hours).
Hours of work:
Our office hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm exclusive of meal breaks.
• 25 days holiday entitlement plus 8 statutory bank holidays
• Company pension offering: 3% employer pension contribution, 5% employee pension contribution.
• Private medical insurance scheme
• Death in service
Sussex Chamber is the leading business membership organisation in Sussex. We are ambitious about growing our impact and reach in the county.
The Chamber sits at the heart of the local business community providing representation, services, networking events, training, export documentation, international trade services, information, and guidance to its members. Sussex Chamber works closely with the British Chambers of Commerce who are the national body for a powerful and influential network of 53 Accredited Chambers of Commerce in the UK and with a network of over 75 Global Chambers.
Send your CV and a covering letter addressing the criteria in the job description to: Amanda@sussexchamberofcommerce.co.u
Sussex Chamber is the largest business membership organisation in Sussex. Representing more than 1,000 businesses with around 70,000 employees across all sectors, we work at local, national and international levels to support businesses of all sizes.
Our mission is to support and develop the growth of the Sussex economy:
- Grow - open the door to new business opportunities and business growth through networking, events, sponsorship, support services and marketing.
- Develop - increase skills and knowledge to develop a brighter and better future through our training courses
- Discover - unearth export and import prospects as well as local and global growth with our International Trade team
- Influence - have a voice at local and national levels
As a Chamber Member, You’re Well Connected.
Click below for more information on the services that we provide
Have you read the latest business news in our Chamber magazine ‘Business Edge’? Click here to have a read.
Click below to find out more about us:
- 01444 259 222
Unit 4, Victoria Business Centre
43 Victoria Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert