Senior Community Support Worker (Access Facilitator) - East Sussex
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Eastbourne, England
- £22,549 to £24,882 a year per annum / pro rata for part time
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Contract Type
Job summary We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic Physical Health Support Workers, with previous experience of working in a mental health setting to join us as a Band 4 Senior Community Support Worker (Senior Access Facilitator) within East Sussex. You will be qualified to NVQ Level 4Diploma in Health and Social Care, or equivalent qualification and holding a Care Certification would be of benefit. You will work with a group of G.P Practices in a specified area of East Sussex (Eastbourne), as a vital member of the Mental Health Multidisciplinary Team (MDT), to ensure a holistic, joined up approach for SMI patients. You will be involved in proactive engagement work with clients with a history of SMI (Serious Mental Illness) that are not engaging with their GP surgery; the work includes client engagement, undertaking physical health checks when necessary as well as encouraging/ prompting clients to attend surgery appointments. As part of the Adult Community Transformation Programme, our Access Facilitator Service will liaise with and develop constructive, supportive and proactive working relationships with G.P Practices in the East Sussex Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) areas, appropriate Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (SPFT) Secondary Care services and third sector partners, such as the Screen & Intervene Initiative. Main duties of the job You will work with a group of G.P Practices in a specified area of East Sussex, as a vital member of the Mental Health Multidisciplinary Team (MDT), to ensure a holistic, joined up approach for SMI patients.
You will be required to:
- To actively undertake community visits in a variety of settings (E.g. G.P Surgeries, home visits and community centres), to deliver a simple physical health assessment including taking bloods once venepuncture training is complete.
- To work with individuals and relevant staff through the process to develop physical health care goals and plans to promote and encourage self-management of physical health.
- To provide line management, including staff performance and progress reviews to B3 Community Support Workers (Access Facilitators).
- Refer and facilitate individuals worked with, to develop supportive relationships with key partner organisations and communities to access Health Improvement interventions in order to support sustainability.
- Create and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, especially community mental health team(s) and primary care staff including GPs, nurses and management.
As part of this exciting transformation, we are expanding our community rehabilitation, personality disorder and eating disorder services, as well as providing investment to our community mental health teams and increasing mental health provision in primary care.
What does this mean for you?
Because we need to recruit a diverse range of people and skillsets to join us, the job (and training & development) opportunities we have on offer are as broad as they are interesting.
For an informal chat and to find out more about our range of vacancies, send us your contact details to CommunityTransformation@sussexpartnership.nhs.uk
Date posted 14 March 2023 Pay scheme Agenda for change Band Band 4 Salary £22,549 to £24,882 a year per annum / pro rata for part time Contract Permanent Working pattern Full-time Reference number 354-PC-20297-K Job locations Avenida Lodge
Who we are
We provide specialist NHS mental health and learning disability services in south east England. People receive care, treatment and support from us in hospital, at home and from a range of community services. Our services are rated ‘good’ by the Care Quality Commission and ‘outstanding’ for caring.
Where we are
We provide services for people of all ages across Sussex and services for children and young people in Hampshire. There’s something for everyone in our local area, whether that’s the hustle and bustle of Brighton, the scenic South Downs or our wonderful coastline where you can chill out to the sound of the surf.
What we can offer you
When you join us, you’ll be coming to work in an organisation that puts people first. We’ll do everything we can to make you feel valued, respected and included. You will be given plenty of opportunities here for your career to flourish. We’re an organisation which is strong on innovation, research and learning, and we will support your development and help you learn new skills in whichever team or service you work in.
Check out the links below to view our key areas of recruitment
Phychology & PsychologicalTherapies
Check out our latest video below where we hear from our inspiring nurses why Sussex Partnership is such a great place to work.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert