111 Call Handler (Health Advisor): Secamb
- Manor Royal Business District
- Crawley, West Sussex
- £21,730 - £23,177 + unsocial enhancements for evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Healthcare, Emergency Services, Public Sector, Emergency Services
- Customer Service
- Contract Type
- Full Time, Part Time
111 Call Handler (Health Advisor)
South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SECAmb) has a vision to ‘support our staff to provide a caring, high quality and efficient urgent and emergency care service to our communities’. We are rated ‘Good’ for care by the Care Quality Commission and while the other areas under their most recent report require improvement, our aim is to continually improve and to reach outstanding across all areas of the Trust.
Our 4,000+ workforce provide services to 4.9m people across Kent, Surrey, Sussex and North East Hampshire. We handle over 1 million calls to 999 and 1 million calls to NHS 111 every year. More information regarding our services and locations can be found on our website.
Your NHS needs YOU!
Why apply for this role?
Our NHS 111 Call Handlers (Health Advisors) are people just like you: people who have come to us from all walks of life, from different backgrounds and age groups, people who all have the same things in common.
You are the first person our patients speak to when they call 111 when it's urgent or if they just need advice and support.
We offer excellent training and career development opportunities for ambitious employees both within the call centres and also opportunities to explore different roles within the wider Trust such as Human Resources and Administration and operational front-line roles, leading to a career as a Paramedic or in Senior Management.
What makes a great NHS 111 Call Handler (Health Advisor)?
- Our 111 Call Handlers are all caring and empathetic
- They all have great communication skills and love talking to people
- They're all happy and able to work flexibly
- They all love making a difference to people's lives
Main duties of the job
As we are a 24/7 service, this role will involve working a varied shift pattern including earlies, lates and weekends but due to our flexible working, we will work with you to create a rota that gives you a great work/life balance whilst meeting the needs of the trust.
Part time and full-time hours available – 15, 20, 24, 30 and 37.5 hours per week.
Please note that it is a requirement to work 3 out of 4 weekends, even if you are applying for a part time position.
Working for our organisation
Why Work At South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary of £21,730 - £23,177 with the earning potential of up to £28,000 per annum
- Unsocial hours enhancements - For all hours that you work between 8pm and 6am Monday – Friday and all-day Saturday you will earn a shift bonus which means you will earn approximately £15.00 per hour. For Sundays and Public Holidays, you will earn approximately £18.60 per hour
- Generous NHS Pension Scheme
- 35 days’ annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Free parking
- Access to Blue Light discounts
- Award winning Wellbeing hub
- Staff networks
- Training and development
- Salary Sacrifice schemes for cars or push bikes
- Free Enhanced DBS check
- Bonus scheme
We will provide full training in a warm, friendly environment in our NHS 111 Call Centre.
Our comprehensive training programme:
- 6 weeks full-time training (even for part-time applicants)
- Has a ‘must’ attend policy due to you obtaining your Pathways licence
- Comprises of classroom and observing and mentoring periods within the working environment
- Is designed to fully support full transition to call handling independently
Weeks 1 - 3 - Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 16:00 / 16:00 - 00:00
Week 4 – Monday and Tuesday 08:00 – 16:00 / 16:00 - 00:00 . The rest of the week will be mentoring, this will be a variable shift pattern whilst you shadow your coaches shifts
Weeks 5 - 6 – Diamond Pod, variable shift pattern
Manor Royal Business District is the biggest business park of the Gatwick Diamond area and one of the south east's premier mixed activity employment hubs.
Enviable location and connections
Situated at the heart of the Gatwick Diamond on the Sussex and Surrey county borders, just two miles from London Gatwick Airport, a major motorway junction (M23 Junctoion 10) and two mainline railway stations (Gatwick Airport and Three Bridges), Manor Royal is a popular choice for a diverse range of occupiers including a host of blue chip global brands.
Manor Royal in numbers
- One of the biggest business parks in the South East.
- Covers an area of 539 acres – that’s over 300 football pitches.
- 700 properties
- 500 businesses
- 30,000 people
Manor Royal more than a number
Since the formation of the Manor Royal Business Group (MRBG), an association of Manor Royal based business and firms, being on Manor Royal means being part of something. You’re never just a number.
Manor Royal makes sense
Scale, diversity, location and great connectivity with a property offer to match means Manor Royal based firms are never far away from their suppliers, customers and a talented workforce.
Pay us a visit
Visit www.manorroyal.org to find out more and to get in touch
- Manor Royal Business District
7 Magellan Terrace (Ground Floor)
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert