Fraud Team Leader
- First Central
- Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Between £30,000 to £34,000 - Depending on experience
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Business, Finance, Financial Services
- Administration , Customer Service, Data , Financial , Negotiator , Operations
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you looking for a new career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We need a Fraud Team Leader to join our growing operations team in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
- Generous competitive starting salary of up to £34,000 Depending on experience
- Home working opportunity of 3 days a week from home and 2 office days following training and passing your probation
- Monday to Friday working hours
- Minimum 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (and the chance to buy and sell days)
- A ‘YOUday’, an extra day off to spend however you want. The clue’s in the name…
- ‘Your Time in Need’ five days’ paid leave for compassionate or emergency reasons
- A paid day off every year for charity work
- Fantastic training and development
- A fun, energetic and lively working environment
You'll supervise and provide motivational direction to a team of Policy Review Specialists to ensure delivery of an efficient and effective service to the business and Counter Fraud teams at the same time ensuring delivery of business performance objectives, KPIs and SLAs in accordance with company procedures and policies.
Fraud Team Leader Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure delivery of the CFS business plan and targets.
- Provide regular reports to the CFS Operations Manager on the status of objectives, KPI’s and SLA’s
- Assist and provide guidance to the Policy Review Specialists with any queries and handle the more complex cases, if and where appropriate.
- Provide technical support to the team and be a referral point for handling customer complaints to achieve a positive outcome
- Manage additional premium process to ensure outstanding debt is kept to a minimum
- Ensure the on risk customer validation chase cycle and return post customer validation chase cycle are managed
- Provide sign off of all voidance and cancellation decisions relating to referrals from the CFS teams, Sales and Service and Claims.
- Responsible for conducting staff management duties including:
- Conducting regular reviews to check the accuracy and quality of team’s work.
- Delivering coaching and feedback to the team to achieve KPI’s and SLA’s, and conducting regular performance reviews and 1-2-1’s; including probationary reviews and annual appraisals
- Deal with all employee issues including monitoring absence and conducting disciplinaries.
- Assist the CFS Operations Manager with the recruitment process.
- Monitor agents calls to ensure they are following company’s policies and procedures at all times and are compliant with FCA regulations (including TCF principles)
- Set targets for agents and deliver coaching and feedback to the team to achieve KPI’s and SLA’s, and conduct regular performance reviews, including probationary reviews and annual appraisals
- Deal with all employee issues including monitoring absence, supporting the disciplinary process, and resolving employee issues with support from the CFS Operations Manager and HR when required.
- Assist the recruitment process and assist with the training of new recruits, or re-training of current employees when required.
- Have input into and manage departmental procedures specifically in relation to policy fraud analysis, investigations, technical referral, and drive improvements in processes and systems.
- Ensure your team are compliant with TCF principles when liaising with customers and ensure own personal compliance with TCF principles.
- To work closely with other CFS teams and other departments to ensure consistency and best practice.
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
- Build and maintain relationships with CFS and other departments, as appropriate.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with Company Financial Crime policies and other standards and regulations.
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Fraud Team Leader Experience & Knowledge:
- Extensive motor insurance experience
- Extensive motor insurance policy fraud experience
- Experience of performance management of a team
- Experience of setting objectives
- Solid understanding of all aspects of the motor insurance, specifically with regards to policy fraud investigation and analysis/indemnity referral
- Knowledge of fraud detection and analysis systems
- Solid understanding of insurance fraud intelligence model and relevant systems
- Excellent knowledge of FCA requirements ( including TCF) and the regulatory framework relating to claims
- Solid understanding of the business objectives and operations delivery
- Technical knowledge of insurance products and personal lines insurance
- Comprehensive understanding of regulatory requirements and company principles (Including TCF) following appropriate training
- Sound knowledge of managing telephony systems
- CII qualified or working towards this
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to motivate employees in a high pressurised environment
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong customer service skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate
What can we do for you?
We believe we can offer you a great working environment as we’re so passionate about our people. Here are just some of the benefits and perks that we offer…
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- Employee benefit packages to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- YOUday – we give you an extra day off to celebrate a special day
- The opportunity to take a paid day off each year to do charity work
- A health cash plan
- Help with travel expenses
- The opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Professional subscription fees paid
Employee wellbeing is high on the agenda here too. We provide discounted membership at a local health club and access to an Employee Assistance Programme, which promotes physical and emotional wellbeing at work and at home. In addition, we provide wellbeing events throughout the year to support physical and mental health.
We’re First Central, an award-winning innovative insurance and technology organisation, delivering market-leading motor insurance, underwriting, distribution, finance, technology and legal services.
Our motor insurance broker, 1ST CENTRAL, is firmly established as a top 10 supplier on UK price comparison websites and has successfully built a customer base of over half a million. It strives to make buying car insurance a more accessible and effortless experience.
We recognise that our success is entirely down to our talented people, who we know are our biggest asset, and we’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. In return, we can offer you a great place to work and lots of fantastic benefits.
For more information, click below:
Gemini House, Mill Green Business Estate
Mill Green Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert