Graduate Engineering Operations Management
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Graduate Engineering Operations Management 2024 - Crawley
Job Location – UK - Crawley - West Sussex
Job ID – IMS20231210-107123
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris in Crawley specialise in technology and systems to enable quality pilot training from distance learning systems applications and maintenance solutions to training devices and full flight simulators, our technology covers the complete training spectrum.
L3Harris are planning for tomorrow. Our teams of dedicated individuals are turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services that provide elegant solutions for some of the toughest challenges in aviation training.
We are seeking industrial placements who will be joining the Training Systems Operations Team in Crawley. The Operations team collaborates with all areas of the Training Systems business, in order to produce the Training Systems products (simulators and associated equipment) that are used to assist with the training of Pilots both in the UK and internationally. The Operations Management Graduate will gain insight and exposure to Manufacturing assembly, Manufacturing Engineering, Hardware Test & validation, Supply Chain, Production Planning, Business Improvement and Facilities. Working alongside colleagues in Finance, Hardware & Software design, Quality and Project Management, the role will see exposure to the majority of the production cycle of a flight training device.
In addition to the day-to-day activities, the Graduate will participate in internal strategic initiatives to drive change and continuous improvement.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
- Professional registration
What the role will involve
The responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Providing support to the Operations team members with their day to day activities.
- Participate in Planning reviews to help drive material flow to the Projects.
- Support the Manufacturing team to help maintain production schedules
- Support the Manufacturing engineer to improve build processes and systems.
- Assist with and help drive continuous improvement through the operational organisation.
- Provide support to the supply chain activities with potential supplier visits as required.
- Liaison with stakeholder departments to maintain successful Operations activities.
- Maintain high ethical standards and perform duties in accordance with all company policies and procedures
What you’ll bring
- Have completed an Engineering biased degree or have a desire to participate in Manufacturing/Production/supply chain activities
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet the requirement of right to work in the UK and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
As an equal opportunities employer, L3Harris is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join L3Harris.
# Associate, Operations Management