Job RequirementsTo be the airport for everyone whatever your journey Project Manager - Assurance
Compensation: The salary for this role has not been advertised, however, we promise you won't be disappointed. If you want to know more detail, our recruitment team will be able to advise - please contact them on 0330 053 2129.
40 hours, Monday - Friday. Hybrid working available.
Are you looking for an employer that supports you to explore new horizons and embrace a healthy work-life balance? Look no further! At London Gatwick, we offer you the perfect opportunity to diversify your career while prioritising what matters most to you. A place where innovation thrives, work-life balance is valued, and skills are nurtured.
Join London Gatwick as Project Manager (Assurance) and you'll be joining a dynamic team at the world's most efficient single runway airport. You'll be shaping our future, by supporting the delivery of a significant investment plan aimed at developing and improving our airport infrastructure and facilities. What is the role?
Reporting into the Lead Process and Systems Manager, you'll play a crucial role in improving the Construction department. You'll be focused on creating and maintaining a strong project governance framework and a certified quality management system (ISO9001:2015), across varied and strategically important projects. With a keen eye to detail, you'll ensure best practices are consistently applied across all programmes of work.
Other duties include:
What are we looking for?
- Overseeing project process assurance for all construction programmes at London Gatwick. You'll manage pre-Tollgate assurance for projects seeking approval to move through important points in the project lifecycle.
- Creating and implementing performance metrics, assessing how efficient and effective our capital delivery process is. You'll also set up metrics to monitor compliance with project processes and contractual obligations. You'll identify gaps and offer guidance to project teams on how to address them.
- Carrying out internal audits, and audits of external contractors, to check we are meeting our contractual requirements and adhering to project delivery processes. You'll report your findings, highlighting issues and trends to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Assisting in finding and applying ways to continuously improve procedures. The goal is to enhance Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S), cost, schedule, and quality of project outcomes.
The live environment at London Gatwick requires all our teams to have a flexible and adaptable approach, with problem solving skills and an innovative outlook. Involved in projects from inception to completion you will work alongside multiple stakeholders. In addition, this role requires:
What's in it for you?
- Previous Quality Assurance experience, working on multiple concurrent projects of varying size and complexity, as part of larger programmes of work within the construction or infrastructure sectors
- Practitioner level in project management (e.g., APM Project Management Qualification or PRINCE2 Practitioner)
- Experience of conducting quality audits, root cause analysis, and corrective/preventive action implementation - Registered ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor highly desirable
- Significant knowledge of quality management systems (e.g., ISO 9001:2015), industry codes, and standards
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated experience of successfully working with a wide range of stakeholders to get successful outcomes
Our employees tell us that working here is something special and no day is like another; Where our teams do something every day other airports only dream of. Along with a competitive salary our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including:
What it's like to work at London Gatwick?
- Performance-based bonus scheme
- High street shops and restaurant discounts
- Healthcare scheme
- Life and disability insurance
- Professional training to develop
- Discounted travel
- Volunteer days
At London Gatwick, our people are our biggest asset. We want our people to thrive and have the best experience while working with us. We know we are all at our best when we feel comfortable and included.
We are an organisation that places diversity, equity and inclusion at its heart. Our aim; to create a place where everyone belongs and has a voice, and we recognise we all play an important role in our success.
To find out more about what it's like to work at London Gatwick, visit our careers site Careers | Grow your career with Gatwick Airport LGW
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
Click apply to start your career with London Gatwick