Hours of work 8:30-17:30pm Monday – Friday
Contract: Permanent Contract
We are seeking to recruit a Commercial Director at Lancing College. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to develop the commercial services revenue stream. We are looking for someone with commercial experience and ready to delve into this role and make it their own.
Duties will include:
- Take full ownership of the commercial services revenue stream and deliver profitable income
- Work collaboratively with the team and own the commercial initiatives.
- Liaise with different members of the Lancing college team and advise on your ideas.
- Build strong relationships with people inside and outside of the business.
- Expand revenue from existing revenue streams.
- Take ownership of negotiation and contracts
- Identify new opportunities.
- You are a natural leader that enjoys managing and motivating a commercial team
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Great negotiation skills
- A track record in commercial income generation
- Be a great ambassador for the college
- Great organisational skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
Skills and Experience:
- Degree level education
- Good understanding of business development, finance, and funding
- Proven experience in commercial revenue
What we can offer you
- A contributory pension scheme
- Comprehensive wellbeing support from Lancing’s Employee Assistance Programme which provides employees with a 24/7 support helpline and wellbeing tips including professional advice.
- On-site parking and access to our ever popular Cycle-to-Work scheme.
- Flexible working is something that varies from job to job but it is a benefit we try our very best to accommodate where possible.
- Tickets to college music, dance and drama performances.
- Use of gym and swimming pool facilities.
- Access to books, magazines and DVDs from the college library.
- Staff events, Christmas parties and end of term celebrations which provide an opportunity to socialise and relax with colleague.
The closing date for applications is 10th January 2024 although applications may be reviewed on receipt.
Interview date TBC
We reserve the right to invite candidates to interview at any time if there is a good level of response and close this vacancy prior to the stated closing date. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as soon as possible.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must undergo child protection screening, including checks with previous employers and the Disclose and Barring Service.
Applicants who have lived outside of the UK in the past 10 years are required to provide a Police Check from their country of residence. In addition, and where applicable, successful candidates are required to produce a ‘letter of professional standing’ issued by the relevant professional regulatory authority as proof of past conduct.