At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
As an Airline Operations Safety Support (AOSS) Lead, you will be part of Boeing’s Global Aerospace Safety Initiative. You will be responsible for all facets of AOSS customer engagement planning and execution. You will lead a team of aviation professionals on location to evaluate customer flight operations.
This is a customer-facing position and you will have direct interaction with customer airline leadership while on location. This position requires extensive travel (approximately 40%), mostly to international locations. If you are looking for a career that will have global impact on aerospace safety, this is the place for you!
- Performs instructional and professional activities to support flight crew training, standardization, and flight procedures/operational techniques.
- Oversees development and delivery of flight crew training, simulator training and simulator familiarization flights.
- Observes customer operations and reviews recommendations on flight operations and procedures; provides technical information to clarify and apply Boeing flight procedures to customer operations.
- Assists in development and application of company safety initiatives, strategies that are used in support of continuous accident reduction.
- Leads the development, reviews, validation, and standardization of flight-related materials, technical bulletins and procedures; leads coordination with others regarding changes affecting flight operations and safety.
- Participates in flight deck design and test to develop, validate and ensure adherence to flight crew procedures and operating techniques.
- Supports activities to obtain aircraft certification.
We are looking for aviation professionals that possess previous airline flight operations experience (minimum of five years).
We prefer that interested applicants have experience with aviation safety (SMS), training, airline leadership and/or airline flight operations auditing.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
What Boeing offers you!
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the attitude and skills to navigate whatever comes next
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
- 23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year
- Pension Plan with 10% employer contribution
- Company paid BUPA Medical Plan
- Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
- Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
- 6x annual salary life insurance
- Learning Together Programme to support your ongoing personal and career development
- Access to Boeing’s Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
- Excellent Parental leave benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.