At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Our stores team in the Boeing London Gatwick Hangar & MRO is growing and we are looking for motivated, engaged and efficient individuals to join our team.
Your role is critical to support the Boeing London Gatwick Part-145 maintenance operation and the wider Boeing network and customers base, with respect to the tool and GSE related support and oversight.
It is an exciting time to join as our operation grows and you will be integral to ensure that as part of the wider operational support team the stores deliver an outstanding and compliant service.
- Maintain the LGW Hangar stores facility by applying outstanding housekeeping
- Ensure correct storage of all of components, parts, materials and tools in-line with OEM recommendations and EASA/IAA regulations
- Issuing and returning of materials, consumables and tools with the required attention to detail
- Support the inspection team with all goods in receiving, ensuring correct conditions and paperwork requirements are met, if required
- Monitoring of all Part / Consumable stock levels and shelf life, escalating within the Supply Chain as required.
- Ongoing monitoring of the Store Operation effectiveness – supporting the Lead Store Person with adaptation and creation of procedures to support.
- Work with the Lead Store Person and Tooling Specialists to perform periodic audits of tooling, managing the inventory and maintaining appropriate records via
- To prioritise and prepare aircraft parts in preparation for maintenance inputs.
- To support the cleanliness, tidiness and upkeep of LGW Hangar stores.
- Understand and be able to effectively operate the maintenance system (AMOS)
- Ensure workplace health and safety standards are met
- Ensure Dangerous Goods Awareness is applied at all times
- Candidate should be knowledgeable of industry and regulatory agency requirements as applicable (desirable)
- Candidate must demonstrate an enhanced ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Must have excellent organisation skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Previous experience of using the AMOS system is highly desirable.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a Warehouse / Store environment (desirable)
- Experience in creating and/or adapting Stores procedures is desirable
- Have a working knowledge of Part 145 Store Keeping requirements
- Experience of using AMOS within Stores / Supply Chain (desirable)
- Flexibility to travel regularly to support additional working requirements and training opportunities.
- Previous experience of using Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and ability to learn in house systems.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the United Kingdom. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.